Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

good fats while on 40/40/20, how much & how often?

eck

New member
One of the things I have always had a problem with is how much and how often I should be taking "good fats" if I am on a 40/40/20 P/C/F diet.

I plan on starting up another Body for life challenge. I read the books ~8 months ago but I seem to remember it not really addressing these questions so I'm looking at people on this board for the information.

I usually try to stick to very lean meats and don't usually cook in oil/butter etc so "added" fats like those are usually never used. I do remember that when I used fitday for a while, simply adding in my "regular" foods would sometimes add up to my 20% of fat(sometimes even a little higher) without any added 'good fats'.

So my question is, if according to fitday I am meeting my 20% of "fat" a day only based on those natural foods I eat(mix of mono,polyunsatured and saturated), should I really be adding in flaxseed oil, peanut butter etc?

Eve
 
Firstly, list what your diet is...

Getting 20% of your daily fat intake isn't hard at all but making it all good fat requires some planning.

Secondly, what is your weight, height and age?

Your best options for "good fats" include:

* Olive oil
* Flaxseed oil
* Fish oil (rich in DHA/EPA)
 
sawastea said:
Firstly, list what your diet is...

Getting 20% of your daily fat intake isn't hard at all but making it all good fat requires some planning.

Secondly, what is your weight, height and age?

Your best options for "good fats" include:

* Olive oil
* Flaxseed oil
* Fish oil (rich in DHA/EPA)

5'4.5", ~135lbs, 26 yrs of age

A typical day will look like this give or take.

Breakfast (usually consistent between these 2)

4egg whites + 1/3 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon or
4 egg whites + 1 whole grain toast w/ teaspoon of PB or almon butter


Snack - hard one, usually half a bar like trioplex or odyssey or a cup of yogurt
w/ added whey protein.

Lunch -
Salad w/ tuna and 1tsp flaxseed oil & vinegar or
1 slice whole grain bread + tuna, and a few grapes or apple.

Snack -
Half a tri-o-plex bar

Dinner-

Generally ~4oz of chicken/beef or lean porc cut, 1 or 2 cups of green veggies depending on if I have brown rice, whole grain pasta or yams with it.

Late snack:
1 cup of cottage cheese with some fruit(apple blueberries or strawberries) or
1 cup of non fat plain yogurt with added whey protein.

Eve
 
I have a tbsp of flax oil , a tbsp of nat pb and 1 egg yolk a day as part of my fats, altogether my fats sum up to 50 which fits nicely into my 40/40/20
 
I'm having trouble getting all the good fats i NEED in my diet aswell, so i have just decided to drink it (olive oil) on its own, i was mixing it with some foods and it was making it taste like shit so i'm just gonna drink it, it takes what, two seconds to knock it back!
 
eck said:


5'4.5", ~135lbs, 26 yrs of age

Breakfast (usually consistent between these 2)

4egg whites + 1/3 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon or
4 egg whites + 1 whole grain toast w/ teaspoon of PB or almon butter

Snack - hard one, usually half a bar like trioplex or odyssey or a cup of yogurt
w/ added whey protein.

Lunch -
Salad w/ tuna and 1tsp flaxseed oil & vinegar or
1 slice whole grain bread + tuna, and a few grapes or apple.

Snack -
Half a tri-o-plex bar

Dinner-Generally ~4oz of chicken/beef or lean porc cut, 1 or 2 cups of green veggies depending on if I have brown rice, whole grain pasta or yams with it.

Late snack:
1 cup of cottage cheese with some fruit(apple blueberries or strawberries) or
1 cup of non fat plain yogurt with added whey protein.

Eve

Eve, thank you for taking the time to post. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but take a gander at this:

http://www.labelclaimstesting.com/?pageID=20

Your diet doesn't look all that bad. A few things I would change here and there, but it's MUCH better then a typical Western Diet :D

According to your BMR from my calculations, you're looking at:

26 Age
135 Weight in pounds
64.5 Height in inches
0.5 Activity factor: .3 for sedentary, .5 for moderate, .75 for heavy

1400.401909 Basal metebolic rate
700.2009545 Caloric Expenditure of Exercise (Activity Factor)
140.0401909 Thermic effect of food

1960.562673 Final BMR

2460.562673 Eat this many cals/day to gain one pound per week
1460.562673 Eat this many cals/day to lose one pound per week
 
sawastea said:


Eve, thank you for taking the time to post. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but take a gander at this:

http://www.labelclaimstesting.com/?pageID=20

Your diet doesn't look all that bad. A few things I would change here and there, but it's MUCH better then a typical Western Diet :D

According to your BMR from my calculations, you're looking at:

26 Age
135 Weight in pounds
64.5 Height in inches
0.5 Activity factor: .3 for sedentary, .5 for moderate, .75 for heavy

1400.401909 Basal metebolic rate
700.2009545 Caloric Expenditure of Exercise (Activity Factor)
140.0401909 Thermic effect of food

1960.562673 Final BMR

2460.562673 Eat this many cals/day to gain one pound per week
1460.562673 Eat this many cals/day to lose one pound per week

Thanks for listing that URL. Good thing I've only had 3 of those bars so far. I actually bought a full box this evening but well you can guess we're they are going back tomorrow. Maybe I am better off eating my odyssey bars(I've never actually found anything bad about them or mislabeling).

Guess I'll continue the way I'm eating and keep track in fitday etc.

Thanks for the help,

Eve
 
LeeJunFan said:
I'm having trouble getting all the good fats i NEED in my diet aswell, so i have just decided to drink it (olive oil) on its own, i was mixing it with some foods and it was making it taste like shit so i'm just gonna drink it, it takes what, two seconds to knock it back!

Here are a few suggestions on how to add fat into your meals:

If you eat oatmeal, you can add it in, mix it. I do this with flaxseed oil and I add carb free syrup and cinnamon with it -- can't tell the oil is in it. Real peanut butter on whole grain bread/toast or you can put it in your salads
 
Top Bottom