Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gm

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
I use to do Good mornings in the squat rack but 99% of the people who do GM (actually you can count them on the fingers of your hands) do them either with a machine or seated on a bench

Should you go until parallel or stop earlier ?

seated on a bench? i do mine in a power rack with the pins set this way i know for sure how low im getting..i always try to go to parallel

i want to start doing good mornings, but it's hard to fit in heavy goodmornings when i'm trying to squat and DL heavy twice in 8 days

super_rice said:
i want to start doing good mornings, but it's hard to fit in heavy goodmornings when i'm trying to squat and DL heavy twice in 8 days
I hear ya i added it to my squat day since your hitting lower back already and its great for glutes/hams.. back day is too loaded between deads and bb rows etc...

see, with my routine, i do deads and hypers day after i squat - that's the only way i can get so many heavy days in a week.

also, the whole exercise in itself feels too harsh on my poor lower back (i feel more comfortable with deads). plus, it seems you only get about 3-4 inches in the whole range of motion where there is hard work for your hams. the rest is just extra punishment on the back and joints. any advice (other than to do the exercise correctly... push butt back, etc)?

i take a fairly wide stance push butt out, keeping heels flat, lower back arched..the key is to squeeze your glutes/hams first and push with your heels..you can try it without anyweight..get into position and squeeze ur glutes hams what happens your torso automatically wants to pop up..dont make the mistake of trying to move the weight with your lower back first..

Top Bottom