Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine Ques: Dose, Timing, & Brand??

Gladiola

I did a search & have been reading up on Glutamine, but can't seem to find a recommended dose.

Found this article on the net from MEN'S FITNESS:
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1608/n10_v14/21148334/p1/article.jhtml
How to use it: The powdered form of glutamine is best; it's almost tasteless, so you can mix it in water. Take 15 to 20 grams (about three to five teaspoons) a day divided into two doses, one before your workout and one after. If you want to be exact in your supplementation, Serrano recommends using the following equation to calculate how much you need on a daily basis: Multiply your lean body mass (your weight excluding fat) in kilograms by .35 - this is the number of grams you should take each day.
Another article only mentions taking it BEFORE working out:
http://www.getbig.com/articles/glut-1.htm
"For this reasons, it makes sense to take a glutamine supplement that provides the free from of this amino prior to intense exercise."

What about brand?? I went to the Vitamin Shoppe & got their brand, "BodyTech". Anyone heard of it?

WarLobo said:
YOU GROW AT NIGHT
Um :idea: I don't, but sometimes my boyfriend does :lmao:

Oh, I am just terrible! :mix: Can't help it!

Thanks - any idea for dose? The stuff I bought says a heaping teaspoon is 4500 mg (I think, don't have it with me now).

So that amount split before & after w/o?

I also subscribe to the believe that taking it after workout is best in my opinion. After a hard workout, my muscles are like a sponge and I love to flood them with the glutamine and creatine along with my protein shake. Forgive me, but I do like the Twinlabs brand due to the fact it is such a fine powder it dissolves very easily.

I've done alot of experimenting with different times of day. I've found what works best is 5g before and after your workout and 5 g. before bed. I started recovering alot faster when I took it before and after my workout.

Top Bottom