Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine and creatine -- mixing it with gatorade?

grebcot

I've got a question that I want to pose to you guys. I have been taking EAS' L-Glutamine and Phosphagen, neither of which are flavored (so they taste like shit). I've been taking them with just water -- separately of course, I don't mix the glutamine and creatine into the same drink.

I've heard some people say that you should just take them with water, but EAS says to take it with water or juice. I can't imagine the effect of the supplements would be impacted by mixing it with gatorade but I wanted to ask anyway. I figure if it's not going to hurt the effect of the supplements, I'll do that because the stuff ought to taste decent then.

Any thoughts?

grebcot said:
I've got a question that I want to pose to you guys. I have been taking EAS' L-Glutamine and Phosphagen, neither of which are flavored (so they taste like shit). I've been taking them with just water -- separately of course, I don't mix the glutamine and creatine into the same drink.

I've heard some people say that you should just take them with water, but EAS says to take it with water or juice. I can't imagine the effect of the supplements would be impacted by mixing it with gatorade but I wanted to ask anyway. I figure if it's not going to hurt the effect of the supplements, I'll do that because the stuff ought to taste decent then.

Any thoughts?
do not mix creatine with gatorade. gatorade contains acid and this will neutralize effects. do not mix with glutamine as they will compete for uptake.

work out days : 5gms creatine 8oz grape juice immediately post workout. 20oz water 15 min later. 15-30min later protein shake.

non workout day 5gms 8oz grape juice on empty stomach.

layinback said:
do not mix creatine with gatorade. gatorade contains acid and this will neutralize effects. do not mix with glutamine as they will compete for uptake.

work out days : 5gms creatine 8oz grape juice immediately post workout. 20oz water 15 min later. 15-30min later protein shake.

non workout day 5gms 8oz grape juice on empty stomach.

Ahh, I see. With the glutamine, when's best for that? I've been taking 5g about an hour before going to bed, and 5g in the morning.

see i hear the opposite u do take gatorade with creatine it will intensify the pump during a workout, i do it and it does do that so i dont know what to tell you

I never take glutamine, but I usually mix my creatine with orange gatorade powder and my results are pretty good, of course I'm bloated as hell, I probably have about 10 lbs of extra water weight right now.

Top Bottom