Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

girls other cardio ideas

pumped55

ok, i am sick of jogging, running, interval sprinting, any form of running. are there any good machines besides the pre-cor, bike, or stair master that work good for cardio? those other machines all build muscle above my knee, and that muscle is already bigger than i want it. running seems to be the only thing that doesn't target this area. kick-boxing has been fun, but any other ideas for cardio?

Tempe, AZ? How about a swimming pool? ASU has a good aquatic center for doing laps. Rock climbing? Biking-- used to do miles of roadwork on those long straightaways out in the desert. Mountain biking? Roller blading? How about cross-country skiing on those short skies on skates? How about taking up some martial arts? Rowing machine? Jumping rope? Speed walking? How about a couple pick up games of basketball? Racquetball? Golf? (LOTS o' golf courses out there!) (Well, its not really cardio, but it can get your heart rate worked up!) ;)

tripleV said:
hey sassy......i know what else gets the heart rate UP!!!! ;)

tv....how did i know u were gonna say that....

u need to stop the use of AS my friend... im worried about u lil one;)

dont u ever get tired rompin all the time. damn...im worn out after doin it twice...i cant even imagine what ur agenda is.:rolleyes:

spatterson said:
Has anyone ever done a study on the calories burned having sex with a bodybuilder on test vs the average corporate male?

:lmao:

Can I volunteer for this study? I'll be the average corporate male, and then subject myself to the test (for the good of the study only, of course) to quantify the difference.

:FRlol:

spatterson said:
I think if you have a third leg you're out of the running. Sorry... You'll BLOW the curve. <snicker snicker>

What, you think that'd have an effect on calories burned?

:D

pumped55 said:
ok, i am sick of jogging, running, interval sprinting, any form of running. are there any good machines besides the pre-cor, bike, or stair master that work good for cardio? those other machines all build muscle above my knee, and that muscle is already bigger than i want it. running seems to be the only thing that doesn't target this area. kick-boxing has been fun, but any other ideas for cardio?

Alrighty, I fear I'm putting myself at risk for being greatly mocked, but I'm going to suggest aerobics classes!

As long as your range of motion throughout the movements is as large as possible & you do the hi-impact options, you can get a GREAT workout! Plus it's just plain fun *IMHO* :)
I find I can get a better workout from hi-lo/floor aerobics than step because I'm not limited with my range of motion. We shuffle, jump, chasse etc. all over the place! - but this doesn't work too well if you don't have the space (class is too crowded or studio too small).

One of the clubs where I teach also even has an awesome, "Salsa Aerobics" - shake your booty to fun routines & Pop-Salsa music & get a great sweat.

I'm also a big fan of ROLLERBLADING! This months issue of Muscle & Fitness hers has it listed as a lower intensity activity - not if you're doin' it right!

p.s. Not all aerobics classes are taught by & comprised of skinny-fat cardio junkies (case in point right here!) [although I admit they might be a slight majority] - a few instructors from my club have competeted in physique contests!

Rowing is good, isn't it?

Jumping rope

Hiking will burn crazy amounts of calories if you carry a big pack like I do. Last time I went the goofball who was responsible for dinners packed exclusively extra cheesy mac and cheese, and that's like all I ate for several days, and lots of it. But I still burned off several pounds and kicked the hell out of leg, lower back, stomach and stomach muscles. Plus I got the tan/windburned outdoorsy look that lasted for a few weeks and was a serious chick/guy magnet. woo-hoo!

MOPT, baby. My friend was a marine ROTC, and I did their training program regularly, and, holy crap, those calisthenics did me some good. That and the running with the cadences or whatever you call them.

"I got a girl who got no skin...
plastic bag to hold her in!

Sound off! 1-2..."

You know, that kinda thing. Corny but extremely effective motivator being a woman trying to hold your own with the jarheads. They razzed me some, but they never let me quit. Very cool, once I got into it.

Top Bottom