Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

getting pwned @ the 2 mile

binö

Rob of Redford
Platinum
maybe i've done too much dirt to my lungs over the years.
i was hoping that i could still pwn it like i used to in high school (under 13 minutes)...but that was about 50 lbs ago and thousands of bong rips ago.
my time fuggin blows...i've been long distance running the last 2 months. worked up to 13 miles and still climbing...pretty sure i could knock out a marathon in another month or so.
so, i was hoping this would carry over to the two mile, which is what i need to be strong in.
but it doesn't seem so...last week, my first time strictly running a timed two mile, time was 16:54, barely passing. today i ran it twice, first time 16:31 and slightly longer the second time.
barely a passing score...am i not giving it enough time? part of me thinks this to be true...i've only trained for the two mile for a few weeks now.
but another part of me says i just suck and wasted my lungs away...if i can run 13 miles with limited trouble, then i should be able to knock out a good two mile time. maybe my short breath is fucked?
any words of wisdom?

your body will adapt to whatever kinds of stresses you throw at it. i say hold off on the loooong distance runs and focus on the 2 milers

nimbus said:
your body will adapt to whatever kinds of stresses you throw at it. i say hold off on the loooong distance runs and focus on the 2 milers
yeah that seems pretty obivous
i hate letting the distance go though, i've worked pretty hard to get to the level i'm at.
one would think long distane stamina would equal good short distance stamina but i guess not.
i fuggin hate running, every minute of it

Tirpitz said:
yeah that seems pretty obivous
i hate letting the distance go though, i've worked pretty hard to get to the level i'm at.
one would think long distane stamina would equal good short distance stamina but i guess not.
i fuggin hate running, every minute of it

running was the worst part of pledging for me even though there was some shit that other people would probs consider a lot worse. I sprinted in middle school and was ridiculously quick, i just couldnt run any sort of distance for shit. I was also blazing twice daily at that point in my life, but still managed to be a decent runner by the end of it. so i wouldnt worry about your lungs, just keep training hard

I ran it in 13:15 a few years ago, but I paid for it the rest of the night. My heart rate was up all night. I'm naturally fast, but I'm not a long distance runner.

One thing I've noticed is since I've started doing cardio consistently, 2 to 3 times per week, it took quite a while (maybe 4 or 5 months to really see the payoff) Now I can play basketball and get second winds and not be bending over resting my hands on my knees to keep from falling out. Fatigue makes cowards of us all.

Running is pretty specific and when you're doing a 2 miler you're over threshold the whole time, unlike when you're running 13 miles and you're under threshold the whole time. Different energy system. You need to throw in some track workout repeats and/or tempo runs for 3-4 miles and your time will come down.

Top Bottom