Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting my strength back faster than I thought

Eric1987

So I just recently got back into the gym after taking 9 months off. I was up to maxing out at 300 bench went to the gym again and had trouble with repping 185 5 times. I did a 5x5 routine when I first started and couldnt finish at 155. I just went today and finished it all up at 165 pretty damn easily. Is that muscle memory? Oh and I had trouble with 115 military press when I first came back. I was able to do 145 without any problem. Now I was doing 125 without much trouble. My biceps still seem to be not going along so well.

I've read up about muscle memory but it's one of those things that you can't really prove as each individual is different. I trained at school, took time off and recently came back to it. I feel like I'm progressing quickly, but whos to say I wouldn't have even if I had never touched a weight before in my life?

Thats true I guess but either way I'm happy. Maybe its because I know how to work out now vs when I was new to the gym I had to find something that worked for me?

i think muscle memory is simply just you knowing what to do versus when you didnt. When you first started lifting you probably didnt know much of what you were doing and eventually gained knowledge to begin doing the right things. After taking time off, you already know how and what to do so you progress quicker

Yepp i think the only thing your muscles remember is how small they used to be!

Top Bottom