Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

General approach.

Eno

During the three years I have been lifting I have been able to get much stronger, but not necessarily much heavier. I am about 5'9 so I figure the lightest I could competitively compete (Collegiate) would be at 165 lbs. Below that, and I imagine the shorter stockier men would clearly dominate. My lifts are respectable (for me, not you :)) - around 800 total.. but certainly not competitive. As everybody knows training for mass and training for strength are two different things. I currently weigh around 145 (yes, your mother is probably tougher than me.. ). Should I focus first on mass (reps around 6-8 for 3 sets) and hope the strength comes with it.. or focus more on strength (higher sets with lower reps). To be honest, I don't see myself putting on 20 lbs unless I switch over to a bodybuilding type of program. Sorry this is so long.. any help would really be appreciated. One way or another, I will crack 1000 in 6 months. Peace.

To be honest with you putting on weight is more about diet than training. I recently switched over from competing in bodybuilding to powerlifting. I got sick of trying to gain and lose gain and lose. Besides Ive always been better at strength. I am 5'5" and about 170 right now, I will be competing at 165lb class. I have weighed as much as 185 when I was still bodybuilding(and yes that is all natural). If your wanting to gain some good weight then you should eat at least six times per day and up your protein and carb intake as well as adding some flaxseed oil to your diet. About the training, when I was training to gain weight and mass I lifted heavier. My rep range would vary but most I would keep the reps from 5 to 8. Thats what made me gain the most weight and muscle mass, the strength will come to but not near as fast as if you were training with singles, triples, and such. Its all in what you want, if you want weight gains train somewhere around 8 reps, if you want strength gains train at 5 reps and below. No matter what you do you will still gain muscle mass. Just my two cents.

Solidj55

Top Bottom