Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gains Slowing Down?

Let me hit with this BROTIP!!

Out of all the molecules in the human body that directly influence muscle size, myostatin is certainly one of the more powerful ones, based on its potent ability to prevent muscle growth. Myostatin is a member of the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) super family of growth factors where, despite being a growth factor, it actually reduces muscle growth by initiating several pathways that inhibit muscle hypertrophy while stimulating muscle atrophy.

There are natural ways to combat myostatin.

1)Vitamin D-Vitamin D is a fat-soluble steroid-like vitamin that functions as a prohormone, aiding many different processes such as the absorption and metabolism of calcium and phosphorous— promoting bone health. Vitamin D also has several muscle-promoting properties associated with the ability to boost testosterone levels.

2)EAA-EAAs decrease myostatin levels by stimulating the production of a class of molecules known as micro-RNA that have the ability to strongly decrease the expression level of specific genes. The unique finding in this study was that several micro-RNA molecules were produced in human skeletal muscle following the ingestion of 10 grams of EAAs, which subsequently decreased myostatin expression by approximately 50 percent.

BOOM you just GOT HIT by that BROTIP!

Last edited:
How much vitamin D are we talking. I don't think myostatin has been an issue so far for me as my cycles as mild bit in the future it would be good to know

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Let me hit with this BROTIP!!

Out of all the molecules in the human body that directly influence muscle size, myostatin is certainly one of the more powerful ones, based on its potent ability to prevent muscle growth. Myostatin is a member of the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) super family of growth factors where, despite being a growth factor, it actually reduces muscle growth by initiating several pathways that inhibit muscle hypertrophy while stimulating muscle atrophy.

There are natural ways to combat myostatin.

1)Vitamin D-Vitamin D is a fat-soluble steroid-like vitamin that functions as a prohormone, aiding many different processes such as the absorption and metabolism of calcium and phosphorous— promoting bone health. Vitamin D also has several muscle-promoting properties associated with the ability to boost testosterone levels.

2)EAA-EAAs decrease myostatin levels by stimulating the production of a class of molecules known as micro-RNA that have the ability to strongly decrease the expression level of specific genes. The unique finding in this study was that several micro-RNA molecules were produced in human skeletal muscle following the ingestion of 10 grams of EAAs, which subsequently decreased myostatin expression by approximately 50 percent.

BOOM you just GOT HIT by that BROTIP!

This comes right back to nutritional sufficiency that I mentioned above however I will add that its generally not as simple as just adding a single element.

Using vit D as an example to prove my point, google around a bit and look at various Vit D studies you will quickly see that there seems to be an overlap in whats considered toxic and whats considered safe upper limit. How can one study say that X mg is toxic yet another say that more than the previous study is just fine?

The reason is nutrients dont work in a vacuum!

I believe vit D is a good thing but without the added complimentary nutrients it can cause problems. Vit D intake will increase magnesium use so if someone is borderline mag deficient (which an estimated 50% of people are) consuming D can cause magnesium deficiency issues. Next, vit A and vit K are essential co-nutrients that allow D to do its job. Ideally you want about a 5:1 ratio of A to D and a pretty healthy dose of vit K on top of it. Doses of Vit D that have proven to be toxic are not when ample vit A and K are in the mix.

People here are too worried about the next cool drug, peptide or serm to build muscle and continually ignore the very basics of life which is the nutrient makeup of the foods we eat.

Day in and day out on these forums we see people popping pills taking AAS and wondering why they cant lose fat, gain muscle, have stomach issues, chronic injuries that dont heal and the list goes on. If people spent half as much time learning about building a solid nutrient sufficient body they wouldnt have most of the issue they have, weight would melt off and mass would come so much easier when employing simple, moderate cycles.

Research done on anavar show almost all benefits are gotten in weeks 1-6 and not much after that in terms of LBM gained..at least from the studies I've seen on it

Gains are going to stall out on a cycle, and there is not much you can do about it. There are a lot of great points made in this thread about myostatin and providing our bodies with what it needs to encourage growth...and both have a lot of merit. It's all just part of the game, and constant progression is just simply not achievable. There will be bumps in the road, progress will stall, but you will just have to look at the picture as a whole.

Imagine a bar graph. The dream is that there is a line that constantly rises over time up to a peak at the end. The reality is that the line has ups and downs but is higher at the end than where you started. Short of being one of the genetic elite like pro BBers with amazing growth potential and/or myostatin deficiencies, you will be like the other 99.99% of us that are along for a roller coaster ride to achieve our goals

A lot of guys used to pyramid doses on cycle and I do it too because it works.

Are there any actual myostatin level tests done or is this another bro science theory?

Top Bottom