Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fun with felines

Mr. dB

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Platinum
Last night when I got home from work I let Clyde, my cat, out for his evening prowl. I should have known something was up when he came back in just minutes later. I remember him rubbing against my leg and hanging out for a while by the left side of my chair, which is not his usual spot, but I thought nothing of it, other than to reach down and scratch his head a few times.

Later, when I got up from the computer desk to go to bed, I stepped in something squishy. So I turned on the light, and there was the rear half of a gray rodent, small for a rat but too big to be a mouse, flat as a pancake. Apparently I had run over it with the wheel of my chair before stepping in it.

After I picked it up by the tail and flushed it down the toilet, I found the stomach and part of the animal's face, with nose and whiskers attached, next to my desk, so I swept those up and flushed them too.

I'm just amazed that I was completely oblivious to the predator eating its prey right next to my chair as I sat there reading message boards.

Of course, later, when I was trying to sleep, the cat vomited up the whole mess on my bedroom floor. He always vomits when he eats rat.

Last night when I got home from work I let Clyde, my cat, out for his evening prowl. I should have known something was up when he came back in just minutes later. I remember him rubbing against my leg and hanging out for a while by the left side of my chair, which is not his usual spot, but I thought nothing of it, other than to reach down and scratch his head a few times.

Later, when I got up from the computer desk to go to bed, I stepped in something squishy. So I turned on the light, and there was the rear half of a gray rodent, small for a rat but too big to be a mouse, flat as a pancake. Apparently I had run over it with the wheel of my chair before stepping in it.

After I picked it up by the tail and flushed it down the toilet, I found the stomach and part of the animal's face, with nose and whiskers attached, next to my desk, so I swept those up and flushed them too.

I'm just amazed that I was completely oblivious to the predator eating its prey right next to my chair as I sat there reading message boards.

Of course, later, when I was trying to sleep, the cat vomited up the whole mess on my bedroom floor. He always vomits when he eats rat.

He's a housecat, Focker. Can't go outside.

Of course he can go outside. If I started locking him in after thirteen years of outdoor priveleges, I'd never hear the end of it.

Besides, this stuff amuses me. Predation is part of a cat's charm, he's not just an animated stuffed toy.

Of course he can go outside. If I started locking him in after thirteen years of outdoor priveleges, I'd never hear the end of it.

Besides, this stuff amuses me. Predation is part of a cat's charm, he's not just an animated stuffed toy.

Apparently you haven't seen Meet The Parents. :)

Top Bottom