Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fruit - Good or Bad

i've heard only good things about fruit in terms of staying healthy, especially apples and citrus fruits. Bananas are high in potassium so some recommend it pre workout. I personally eat fruit most days, I just don't go overboard with it. A piece here and there. They are high in sugar content but as I limit sugar from the rest of my diet I feel they have their place. As long as the fruit is eaten with other stuff like protein it should be okay. Now some people have less fructose tolerance as somebody already stated above. The skins of fruits like apples, pears, peaches etc. have most of the healthy stuff like fibers, while the inside of the fruit is mostly sugar. Much like potatoes have most of their good stuff in the skin.

Blood....I would think that post-workout is the worst time to drink apple juice. The main sugars in apple juice are fructose and will do nothing to refill your depleted muscle glycogen. Apple juice is also relatively low GI so it will not cause a significant insulin spike to help drive the protein into your muscles. All this is fine and dandy as long as you as you know what you're doing and that's the result you're after. Although I wouldn't obsess too much about the exact content of your post workout meal, I just thought you might want to know :)

Top Bottom