Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fruit before workout?

rez

Does anyone do this?

I train early in the morning..I dont want to lift on an empty stomach as I usually dont eat after dinner the night before.

I know eating a few strawberries wouldnt give you much energy, but i dont want to train on a full stomach.

what do u guys eat?

I'll be homest with you I'll pretty much eat anything before I lift.But usually a salad with egg whites and chicken pieces, you know the frozen kind you can just stick in the microwave(good shit). 22 grams protein 2.5 grams fat and o carbs. But ya thats usually my lunch and than I'll lift.Unless I end up training in the morning than I'll eat some cereal or oatmeal,I go with the flavored kinds I can't deal with the plain.

I would stay away from sugars before your workout. You don't want insulin spikes before or during your workout...you want one RIGHT after. So I would go with complex carbs an hour or so before your workout, along with a good amount of protein. The perfect pre-workout meal should be about 30g of caomplex carbs, about 30g of protein, and a small amount of fat can be thrown in there too.

For these reasons (along with many others) I don't think training in the morning is a very good idea...unless of course it is your only option. There was a good thread posted on thr anabolic board about AM workouts...take a look (even though alot of people rejected the facts...you can draw your own conclusions).

hope this helps you bro...
Bulldog

Oops...I forgot to add what I usually eat. Ideally, I try to eat a cup or brown rice, a half of a chicken breast, and a glass or 2 of water. If I can't eat this, I just eat a quality protein bar with the same ratio of carbs to fats (1:1). Like I said before, 30g of carbs, 30g of protein, a few grams of fat...and approx. 300 total calories.

Bulldog:)

I don't eat before workouts (at least 1 hour before)

as for fruit I would avoid them especially those rich in fructose

a few strawberries should be OK though
A banana also

I sometimes eat them in the meal before I workout and don't recall a difference. I would imagine that most fruits in their natural form would cause less of an insulin spike than an MRP.

Top Bottom