Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Frackal is going to start investing: So...where do I start?

KAYNE said:
INTEREST RATES ARE FIXED, WHICH MEANS THEY DO NOT CHANGE ONCE YOU BUY. INTEREST RATES ARE LOW RIGHT NOW CUZ THE ECONOMY IS SHIT!!!

What do interest rates have to do with buying mutual funds?

Am I missing something here? =(

-Warik

AUSTIN.........FOR THE RECORD IT WAS A SARCASTIC QUESTION. LOL. BUT IF THAT FOOL DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS TALKING ABOUT, HEHE I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME SHIT.

KAYNE

HamsterHider said:
OFF TOPIC BUT HAVE YOU HAD TO UNLOAD AND STOCK THE BIWEEKLY TRUCK YET? IT SUCKS ASS.
ALSO DO YOU SELL ANYTHING TO MAKE ME LOSE 10 POUNDS IN A WEEK?

You had to actually unload the stupid truck? The drivers unload it and bring the boxes in the stoor. Unpacking the fucking boxes is a major fucking pain in the ass. Especially since my fucking cunt of a manager refuses to do any manual labor so it takes a week to get totally unloaded and she bitches to us about it

WAIT TILL YOU GET A THOUSAND.......THEN SEND IT TO ME. I WILL INVEST IT, I PROMISE. SERIOUSLY DUDE I WILL. REALLY!!!

KAYNE

Put some into gold, then maybe the company that is going on with the latest IPO, I believe it is the first one since the 9/11/01, medical of some type, I think is was a inhalant form of insulin.

Good luck, and don't loose any if you can. I don't trust the economy at this point.

Don't read any of those "self-help" investment guides.

As far as reading goes, you can subscribe to Forbes, Fortune, and Money magazines for cheap...You need to learn how to read a company, not the stock.

I agree with most of what M.O.D. says...

Check out www.fool.com and Yahoo Finance, too. There are a hundred decent websites to look at. All of the online brokers have research tools, too.

There are two books I have read that have given me basic information to understand investing. Not a bunch of "self-help" shit like badkins said to stay away from. Just basic info to get you started like, "what's a mutual fund?" "What are futures and options?", etc. They are both put out by the Wall Street Journal.
The WSJ's Guide to Understanding Money and Investing
The WSJ's Guide to Understanding Personal Finance

If you want mutual funds but want to avoid having to rely on a manager, you could try an Index Fund. Basically it does whatever the stockmarket is doing.
Wouldn't be bad to think about a Roth IRA, too. That's money you can't touch until you're retired, but the earlier you start, the better. You will need more money than you currently have to do the IRA, I think. I'm not sure, but there may be some funds you can open with $500.

Top Bottom