Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearms....

i do, oh god i love them, as does my g/f :D

yeah i try to work them like every day haha i think they're my favorite part of my body aside from my biceps. :)

Yup, thick veiny forearms and neck really distinguish you as a gymrat when you have on a shirt.

I used to have easy growing upperarms. At some point i looked in the mirror and thought Geeez...with them relatively tiny forearms it just looks like baseball bat, so i started working them out with burning desire and this is where I developed my OCFB Obsessive compulserary forearm behaviour......

Every other day... and it allows me to train biceps only 1 * every 7-8 days as serious forearms training keep biceps full.

i like to shred them mofos with high volume:

7-5-10-10 reps hammer curl
7-5-10-10 reps reverse barbell curl
10-10-10-10 reps reverse grip cable curl
8 * 15 barbell wrist curl
8 * 15 dumbell wrist curl

I really like the improvements in gripstrength for my back workouts too!

I used to train my forearms religiously... That is, until I dislocated my one of the bones in my wrist while doing some really heavy wrist curls. It wasn't a serious injury at all, and I can still do Hammer Curls and Grip Work (I'm especially proud of the fact that I can now close the Ironmind COC#2 gripper 4 times in a row), but reverse and wrist curls still hurt pretty badly. :(

Luckily enough, those are the only movements that hurt, and besides not being able to do them, the injury does not affect my training.

Deathspell Omega

Last edited:
FUCK YEAH I TRAIN FOREARMS EXCESSIVELY

As many of you know from the thread of my training journal I am doing the Serious Growth training program right now. Serious Growth doesnt include forearms in any of their workouts so I had to include them myself, hitting them with as many sets as I use for chest and back. I hammer my forearms 3 times a week using high reps (13-15) the first time, moderate reps (10-12) the second time, and lower reps the third time (8-10). I alternate exercises all the time but really love working them the burn the pain the feeling of exaustion just everything I mean I get a get pump usually forcing them into new growth. I agree with all of you that nothing looks better in the gym or even out of the gym than a thick neck (and traps) with a pair of veiny forearms hanging out of a t-shirt. You will never see a GREAT pair of upper arms without a matching set of GREAT forearms to match. :D

Top Bottom