Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearm and Grip work questions

Buddy_Christ

do forearms need to be worked separately from the rest of the arm? i know they get somewhat involved in different exercises, but would like to know for sure.

also, grip work. question one is where would I get a CoC gripper and how much do they cost? second, i've heard people say that you can do static holds with a weight, fingertips holding the smooth side. i've tried this and barely felt anything. maybe i was doing it wrong, which is definetly possible, because i know my grip isn't very strong.

i never really thought about doing grip work, but when i was doing hacksquats and stiff leg deads yesterday, i could feel in my hands that i'm going to need to increase my grip strength. can someone show me the light? much appreciated! :)

You get the CoC's from ironmind.com.
They're $20 a piece. 5 of them total.
T = trainer = approx. 100lbs
1 ~ 140lbs
2 ~ 190lbs
3 ~ 265lbs
4 ~ 350lbs

Buy at least the first few if you want to work with them. It won't take you much to get past the 1, and personally, I think you need to handle a higher number if you want to tackle eventually.

crak600 said:
do forearms need to be worked separately from the rest of the arm? i know they get somewhat involved in different exercises, but would like to know for sure.

i never really thought about doing grip work, but when i was doing hacksquats and stiff leg deads yesterday, i could feel in my hands that i'm going to need to increase my grip strength. can someone show me the light? much appreciated! :)

definitely train your forearms! wrist curls and reverse wrist curls with those mini barbells work best for me. i usually do it right after deads... KILLS my forearms and has made my grip strength insane (it is not even a factor anymore with deads.. i could hold onto a 405 dead at the top for minutes on end if i wanted to :p).

thanks for the site to find the CoC grippers.

i have to incorporate the wrist curls back into my workout again. keep forgetting to do them. wasn't sure if they got worked good with everything else though or not. thanks.

Go to www.smartstrength.com and look at their grippers. I got one of each of theirs on Friday and they are AWESOME!!

So many more variations and I think that they seem to be superior to the ones from IronMind. The jumps are so great between the CoC's that it is very difficult to increase quickly. With the ones from SmartStrength they have so many sizes that you can basically pick and choose your own levels. They have everything from a 50lbs to around 400.

The ones that I got were to help my guys go from the #1 to the #2 and to help me go from the #2 to being more consistent with the #3. I got a 160, 180, 210, 280, 300, 330, etc...

You can email Robert here: [email protected]
It will take him a day to get back with you probably but he can give you LOTS of information about the different materials, engravings, strengths, levels, etc... Be sure and tell him that Clint Darden gave you his info...

B True

bfold - i e-mailed him about the grippers. thanks for the info!

Atomic Punk - i'll check out that forearm workout. your comparison of forearms to calves makes perfect sense. i know they need worked, just wasn't really sure how much work is sufficient for them. thanks to you as well!

Go to Home Depot and buy yourself a sledge hammer. You will get awesome workouts from a sledge hammer.

crak600 said:
bfold - i e-mailed him about the grippers. thanks for the info!

He has given me lots of training advice lately...he is also a certified Captain of Crush...

B True

Top Bottom