Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fore arm Pain

lfleming_77

Hey bro's I am experiencing excrucating (sp) pain in my fore arms when doing curls. The bottom side of my fore arm feels like the muscle is being torn away from the bone when I let go of the bar. It only happens whe I do cambered bar or barbell curls. I have tried different exercises to engage that muscle and nothing else will do it. It started out as a faint pain only occuring when I let go of the bar after squeezing very tightly, to now where it hurts during and after the set. It is so painful that once I am done I dont want to let go of the bar. I am going to make an appt to see the doc but I have a feeling they are not going to be able to find anything wrong. This really sucks and it isnt acceptable to not do curls. Anyone experiencing this or a similar problem. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It usually happens when you're trying to use weight that's too heavy for you. Basically, it's a result of cheating and transfering the resistance from biceps to forearms, shoulders, and even back. Lower the weight, keep the elbows back, and really try not to use anything but biceps to raise the weight.

That is a really good thought but It doesnt matter if i curl the bar or curl 135. It still hurts like hell. My GF suggested to lift lighter weight and I tried it. I only found that it continued to hurt. Thanks for you help though, I really appreciate it.

had it once and saw a acupuncterist

the top of your forarm feels like its gonna ripo in two. You probably have a slight tear in the upper for-arm. Lay off the curls with a bar and start doing them with dumbell, the bar cause me to get them since your wrist are not in a natural position. rest your for-arms for a week or two. I found when i came back to the gym i would work my arms only with dumbelss or the ez-curl bar at the most and i haven't had a problem since.

lfleming_77 said:
That is a really good thought but It doesnt matter if i curl the bar or curl 135. It still hurts like hell. My GF suggested to lift lighter weight and I tried it. I only found that it continued to hurt. Thanks for you help though, I really appreciate it.
Once you get that kind of injury it will hurt a few weeks no matter the weight you're using. I know, I just did it to myself last time I trained biceps. I just had to do super heavy straight bar curls ;) The pain is right under the bone, somewhere in the middle. Anyway, I would definitely suggest avoiding supination and switch to hammer curls for a while. The pain will go away, the injury is not too bad, but it takes some time, usually a week or two.

Damm! I know exactly what you are talking about. A few months ago I was getting the same pain. As I'm sure you have figured there are certain bicep lifts you can do that don't really hurt. My advice (what worked for me) is to only do the lifts that don't really hurt for the next few weeks. Go easy on your fore arm. Give it a chance to heal. Mine took about 2-3 weeks before I could do barberll curls again. Now there is just a slight pain from time to time, but nothing major.

Top Bottom