Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For those who don't like oatmeal

VooDoo Lady

Just a quick little note about oatmeal...I have been eating the whole, rolled oats (not the quick kind) for about 6 months, and I love it, love it, love it!

I accidentially picked up the Quick One-Minute (not instant, but quick) kind the other day and I can't believe how different they taste....

If you have tried the quick one minute kind and don't like it, try the "slow cooking" variety, I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes, not exactly SLOW to me, but...)

Just a little tip I thought I'd pass one :)

VDL

right on... my morning oatmeal takes about 3min in the microwave... I usually have mine with flax seed oil stirred in and garlic salt sprinkled on top (hey... no sugar, but it is DAMN good with honey!)

the "instant" otameal is just mush... nasty!

Forrest

I sweeten my oats by cooking them using low fat milk instead of water. Then I add a scoop of whey protein, thats usually enough to make them taste good. I also like throwing some Fiber one Cereal in (makes them nice and crunchy and thick).

After a workout, somtimes I'll mix dextrose in with my oats and whey and have that instead of a shake. That shits the bomb.

o man i guess im weird, i much much better prefer the 1-minute quaker oats to the old fashioned oats, and man i could never imagine putting flaxseed oil in my oatmeal dont u get the taste each time u eat a spoonful?

You're kidding, they make Quik Sugar Free????? OMG! I od'd on that as a kid.....I know what I'm going to buy right now!

As to oatmeal, I love the Irish oats, not rolled, not quick, but the kind that you have to soak in Hot water for an hour first before you cook it, it's heaven and the serving is smaller (uncooked) and expands to about 4x it's size, love it with Strawberry protein, but I can see I'm going to have to decide if I want Strawberry Quik on it too.

Thanks!:p

just flax seed oil would probably be borderline funk (though the taste doesn't seem to bother me... are you sure yours is good and fresh?), but a little dash of garlic salt hooks it up for me!

(honey is the shit... the flax seed oil tastes like butter if you add honey, I shit you not, but I'm avoiding simple sugars)

Forrest

I don't sweeten it with anything! Sometimes I throw a little cinnamon in there. I have used Stevia before as well. But I MUCH prefer it plain.

I like bland, plain, and repetitive...(I'm serious) I like consistency, I thrive on it :)

VooDoo Lady said:
I like bland, plain, and repetitive...(I'm serious) I like consistency, I thrive on it :)

Now there's a gift I wish I had. It would save me soooo much hassle.

Top Bottom