Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For t-bar rows, which hand variation is the best?

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

I love doing t-bar rows , but I am confused as to which hand position to use.

For overall and biggest mass in da back, hiow far should my hands be and over or underhand grip?

anyone know the reason as to why do underhnad/overhand?

and 2nd question,

I tried to do barbel rows and it gave me shit.... I mean my upper traps seemed to do all the work and my lats seemed to slack off like 5th graders! NOOOO!! I tried to do 45 degree rows.

any ideas? reply please!

thanks!

When doing rows, one particular grip is not better than another. However, on back day, it is important to not use the same grip for every row excercise. In other words, say if you do underhand cable pulldowns or chins, do neutral grip seated rows. If you do db rows (usually done with a neutral grip), follow that up with overhand t-bar pulldowns. And so on...

You mean bent bar rows? If you don't feel those in your back, it's probably a form thing. Remember to keep your elbows in and pull the bar to the area between your chest and stomach.

I find that a narrow grip with hands facing eachother, same as cable rows, allows me to squeeze and isolate my back better

As far as building mass, I think the conventional overhand grip on barbell rows, and on both t-bar and barbell, a width just wider than your shoulders, just can't be beat. But as everyone else has stated, it's very important change things up every so often, so that way you don't plateau. Grip variation can be just enough of a shock to your body to keep the gains coming.
Now, as far as performing barbell rows, I like doing them Dorian style, and it was the main exercise responsible for building up my back to the state that it's in today. Overhand grip, little greater than shoulder width, bend over 40 degrees or so, slight bend in knees, and pull bar up to midsection, right around the navel. Between t-bars and barbells, your back should grow!

ROW TO GROW!!!!

Top Bottom