Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fold! Fold! Fold! Use that PC to cure disease. :)

Capitalizt

I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I just discovered Folding@Home and really love the idea. For those who aren't familiar with it, it is a program that uses spare CPU cycles to try and cure diseases like cancer, alzheimers, etc. I've already built one machine for folding 24/7 and am working on number two. For those unfamiliar with what folding is, you can read about it here: Folding@home - Main

If you want to help, download the newest version of the program here, choose the "uniprocessor" option during installation. The uniprocessor version uses the least CPU power and only operates when you aren't busy with other programs. For only a few pennies a day in electricity costs you can help researchers find important cures.

If enough people are interested maybe we can get an Elitefitness team set up and start accumulating stats. ;)

I did this a lot with my old PS3, dozens of WU's completed. Now PC's have high-powered GPU's that churn results out like warm butter. I might try with my 6870 if it's officially supported.

I did this a lot with my old PS3, dozens of WU's completed. Now PC's have high-powered GPU's that churn results out like warm butter. I might try with my 6870 if it's officially supported.

Yeah, GPU's are crazy fast for folding. I'm not sure if the newest Radeon cards are supported yet but they are releasing updates all the time.

Top Bottom