Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flexibility

haha the joys of being little ::reaches over and easily grabs other delt, and reaches back effortlessly mimickng the motion of getting a seat belt in car::

zulu...

zulu, FYI on fast twitch and stretching, there is static and dynamic stretching. doing too much static stretching can take away from your fast twitch for a brief period of time. static stretching is like proping your leg up on a bench to stretch your ham etc. dynamic stretching ex. is A & B skips, high knees etc.

I'm still not sure I understand the difference between stretches? What are A and B skips and the other things you mention? :)

BTW, how can stretching have an impact on fast twitch fiber which is genetically predisposed?

-Zulu

Ya know the only muscles i strecth before lifting is lower body on squat day. I have too. Or i cant get loose. Nothing hard or painful just light stretching.

I stretch my upper body on days off lightly in case i have to bust somebodies ass! I am for real. Years ago when i was about 20yrs old i fought , well didnt really fight he WAS a friend back then but he was jacked to the gills about 285 lbs at the time and he got pissed at me and i didnt really know it. I was 190lbs fast and back then i was a mean ass kicking machine son! BUt this dude ( i wont name cause i still se him around) started yelling at me but at first he was joking i thought, but then started coming towards me and then took a swing. It was so fuckin slow i thought to myself ok he is playing with me. SO i was dancing around and saying come on man, swing! He was, one after the other. My god my daughter could punch faster! So ai m laughing and i think everyone thought he was kidding ...until his wife ran out to hiim and tried to hold him back he pushed her down hard, then i knew he wasnt kiddin. BUt i backed up into a shrub in the yard ( i was backing up and dnacing around raging him up) and he grabbed me and he attempted to hit me while i was in close but couldnt land really cause he was to fuckin tight and slow. By then i had 4 people pulling me out and 4 or 5 pulling him away. And to this day i swore i could never get that fuckin slow. If i knew then he was serious i would have lit his ass up at the start. Helli had just 30minutes before faught the 300lb fat ass bouncer at the club and made him tap out , and girgle blood while my boys held off the rest of his crew. SO though i dont submission wrestle anymore i wont let myself get to far out of fight condition.

Fast forward 3 years i was 23. In another bar seen i had a guy on the ground one on my back and one ran up and kicked me in the face and broke my nose. I went ape shit (i was jacked at 205) slung everybody off turned the guy on the ground around and just started stomping like an animal at his head. My wife was freakin thinking i am going to kill. He went sleep. I left and was sore as hell. I submission wrestled at the time but had layed off for about 3 months to juice up and gain size , and party! BUyt negleted my stretching and i couldnt move for 2 days after that bar room brawl.

So i healed up (fucked up nose, and black eyes) went back to the bar with my buddies. All i wanted was the redneck who kicked me in the face. I seen him playing pool he seen me and i just walked up and cracked him. I hit this mofo HARD. His feet came straight out and he landed on the back of his neck. His buddys jumped up and my boys handled that quick. I looked at him to check for a pulse and not only were his teeth gone but so was the upper front part of his gums. Point is i hadnt stretched then either and i fucked my shoulder up hittin that white trash i couldn tlift or wrestle for 2 plus months. Why? i was too tight. I know dum reason to stretch, but i got about 20 more stories were my stretching came in handy. I dont fight too much these days , depending on the situation i will walk away, not only that if i am out numbered i carry a Glock model 30 .45 calibar every where i go. 3 or more bad asses approach me , i will shoot! Maybe not but if i feel my life threatened then BANG!

But i dont stretch upper body at all before lifting. Sorry so long i like remenissin!

zulu

they are genetically predisposed, but how do you think you stretch and mess with the fibers? the same concept in where you develop the fibers by training and lifting.

Ok, I agree; fast twitch fibers can be altered through weighlifting and other means, I just don't understand the physiology of how stretching can 'take away from your fast twitch fibers.'

Very interesting...I'd love to learn why.

-Zulu

Jimmie Dean keeps me in line. But dotn let his easy going demener fool you. I wont say what he does for as living, but the man along with a buddy of mine grapple people down every day! He needs decaf!

I was young then, and i would say a bit on the mean side, but i really have changed. I dont go to bar slike that anymore. And the people i mixed it up with were looking for it anyway. Last year got into 3 fights that were stupid and i swear i will walk away from an incident that can truly be avoided. I am very nice, and friendly , and i am helpful. And those day sare over...unless!

But back to the subject, i think light gentle strecth is good. You need to be some what flexable. There have been times i have pulled muscles around the house cause i was too tight. 2 weeks of no strecthing and i am tight as a drum. I myself like to feel loose and not bound up. Even though i am!

Top Bottom