Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flax Oil At Night?

PANTS

JUst wondering:
Is it ok to eat Flax Oil at night? As in just before bed. I 've been having it in my last Protein shake or cereal but I'm worried it'll result in increased body fat as its not burned off.
Thanx.

you can take your flax seed oil at night with a shake

it will slow down the protein digestion

Anthrax said:
you can take your flax seed oil at night with a shake

it will slow down the protein digestion
Actually, according to a number of experts the oil is just gonna end up sorta floating on the top in your stomach, and consequently will not significantly affect the rate of digestion. But it's still not any more likely to make you fat than taking it at any other time.

sounds interesting B&I !

what about fat lowering the GI of a protein meal ?

Anthrax said:
sounds interesting B&I !

what about fat lowering the GI of a protein meal ?
Fat will affect GI/digestion if it's part of/mixed in with the food. The problem with just adding flax to a shake to accomplish the same thing is that the oil is just going to separate out(It is, after all, oil and water.) leaving a biphasic column with protein at the bottom, and oil on top.

Sounds very interesting. Still I would have to think some of the flax will mix up w/ the protein (although not much). And eventually it will all get digested. Have you ever dipped a spoon in flax and then taken that same spoon to serve some whey? They stick like glue.

So I imagine it would have to hold on to at least some of the whey, the whey not attached would get digested first, following the whey/flax on the top of the stomach.

Does this make sense or am I blowing hot air here? :p

If the oil just separates out, what about tuna and wallnuts which are also rich in omega 3s ?

in those "food" there is no water and lipidic phases...:confused:

The problem with just adding flax to a shake to accomplish the same thing is that the oil is just going to separate out
So how are we to effectively achieve a true Protein/Flax mix?

Anthrax said:
If the oil just separates out, what about tuna and wallnuts which are also rich in omega 3s ?

in those "food" there is no water and lipidic phases...:confused:
As I said, with "real" food I don't think it's going to be an issue(Due to the reason you point out.)

Top Bottom