Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fish Oil...too much saturated fat??

JG1

Been using 5tsp/day of Health From the Sun Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oil. Here's a link http://www.iherb.com/um3fishoillem.html

I just realized that each tsp has 1.5g saturated fat, and 25mg Cholesterol. Should I be worried about the saturated fat content...at 5tsp/day I'm getting 7.5g saturated fat. I'm taking the fish oil to get the EPA and DHA content that you cannot get from other oils. The oil caontains deep sea anchovy and sardine body oils.

Also supplementing with a few Tbs of Udo's Choice daily as well.

That (fish oil AND Udos) seems high for pure fat supplementation. What kind of diet are you on?

gymtime said:
That (fish oil AND Udos) seems high for pure fat supplementation. What kind of diet are you on?

Basically, on training days I eat two carb meals...my first meal, and my PW shake...the rest of the meals are protein/fat. On non-training days only my first meal has carbs, the rest protein/fat.

gymtime said:

BTW, I'm taking in about 84g fat on my training days, and about 104g on my non-training days.

So the question is should I:

A) Continue on the fish oil at 5tsp's daily (4250mg EPA, 2500mg DHA) despite the 7.5g saturated fat
B) Reduce the fish oil to ?? tsp's daily?
C) Ditch the fish oil and replace it with Udo's instead

Last edited:
JG1 said:
Been using 5tsp/day of Health From the Sun Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oil. Here's a link http://www.iherb.com/um3fishoillem.html

I just realized that each tsp has 1.5g saturated fat, and 25mg Cholesterol. Should I be worried about the saturated fat content...at 5tsp/day I'm getting 7.5g saturated fat. I'm taking the fish oil to get the EPA and DHA content that you cannot get from other oils. The oil caontains deep sea anchovy and sardine body oils.

Also supplementing with a few Tbs of Udo's Choice daily as well.

Don't worry about saturated fat or cholesterol, those are none significant.

Mr.X

Re: Re: Fish Oil...too much saturated fat??

Mr.X said:

Don't worry about saturated fat or cholesterol, those are none significant.

Mr.X

Thanks for the info :).

What's your opinion of fish oil? I've read soo many things about how it's superior to any other oil because of the EPA/DHA content which has a great impact on fat loss, and the optimal amount is 6g (I'm getting 6750mg/day).

One other thing. Is Salmon oil superior to the deep sea anchovy and sardine body oils, or it doesn't really matter since they both contain the EPA/DHA?

Re: Re: Re: Fish Oil...too much saturated fat??

JG1 said:

Thanks for the info :).

What's your opinion of fish oil? I've read soo many things about how it's superior to any other oil because of the EPA/DHA content which has a great impact on fat loss, and the optimal amount is 6g (I'm getting 6750mg/day).

One other thing. Is Salmon oil superior to the deep sea anchovy and sardine body oils, or it doesn't really matter since they both contain the EPA/DHA?

I think fish oil is a fairly essential part of a person's diet. For, fish oil fats are identical to the fats used in the brain and in other organs. Althought humans can[/u] synthesize these fat, this whole process is enzyme-driven that can decline with age. As with anything, adding the fish oil can only benefit a diet.....

Mr.X

Re: Re: Re: Fish Oil...too much saturated fat??

JG1 said:

you don't care about what kind of fish it comes from

just look at the EPA/DHA content

the more the better

and stich with reputable brands that can garantee the oil is chemicals and heavy metals free

my only concern about salmon (and this is just an unproved concern and more paranoia on my part :D) is that farmed salmon in some places to be fed this nasty chemical shit which has bits of other salmon as well as nasty chemicals in it.......

may be something in the future, may end up being nothing, and i never really liked salmon anyway but i just thought i;d post it up

Top Bottom