Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First ever self-injection painful insertion halfway into quad...hit a nerve?

I'm a newbie here, so here's some basic info:

Height: 6'1" '
Weight: 195lbs
Body fat: 14%
All around athlete with 10 years of lifting experience

Just started my first cycle: 8 weeks test. prop. 150mg EOD with a 3 week Dbol kickstart of 40mg ED (I have PLENTY of Arimidex on hand in case of mid-cycle signs of gyno--trying to be extra cautious about this)

PCT: Clomid (4 weeks) 100mg/50mg/50mg/50mg

FINALLY, MY QUESTION...my buddy administered my first injection for me and showed me (in detail) how to perform this on myself safely in the quad. I self-injected this morning using the "slow and easy" insertion method with a 1 1/4 inch/23G needle and experienced no pain as the needle initially pierced the skin and began entering the quad, then halfway (approx. 3/4 of an inch) into my quad there was a sharp pain that freaked me out thinking I hit a nerve. I pulled it out immediately, capped the needle, replaced with a new needle (same size) and tried again on my other thigh and was successful (despite being nervous as hell!!), but even on the successful second attempt there was no pain when the needle initially pierced the skin, and again there was a sharpish pain approx. 3/4 of an inch into my quad. Is it normal for the needle to slide in easily at first, then cause sharpish pain about halfway into the quad? Was this a nerve?? Or is this normal pain to be expected as a result of the needle reaching muscle tissue after passing through the initial layers of skin and fat (epidermis/dermis/adipose tissue)??

I've done so much research on injection sites and was confident that I was in the right spot, so I just STRAPPED ON THE NUTS on the second attempt and pushed through the pain by slowly pressing the needle directly into the site, aspirated, then shot in 150mg of the goods.

Even though I was successful on my second attempt, I'm still a little freaked out by the experience, and I need to get comfortable doing this considering that test. prop. requires frequent injections, and I don't want to be reliant on my buddy to do this for me EOD, so any advice, tips or guidance is much appreciated...thanks!!

Ive done this for over 20 yrs and I still hate quad shots. I just quit doing them. Try your glutes. Easy and pain free.

I used to use 23G 1.5in for quads but it left me not being able to walk very well the next few days. I went to 25G 1in and it was so much better. I have no idea what this "slow and easy" method is but it sounds painful. The slower you go the more painful it is. I just watch tv and for it. I rarely feel pain this way.

When you hit a nerve you'll know it. When I did it I felt a painful burning sharp like feelin. I didnt want to pull the needle out cause it hurts both ways lol you just got to do it.

If you have trouble pinning your quad move over to the glute. It's easier and is less likely to hit a nerve.

Hunter Of Gunmen

i hate pinning quads... but im still a beginner and its the easiest for me to watch and administer safely. if i had someone to help me id definitely do glutes

i hate pinning quads... but im still a beginner and its the easiest for me to watch and administer safely. if i had someone to help me id definitely do glutes

I use a mirror when I do gluts. Test in the gluts and tren in the quads.

Hunter Of Gunmen

I'm a newbie here, so here's some basic info:

Height: 6'1" '
Weight: 195lbs
Body fat: 14%
All around athlete with 10 years of lifting experience

Just started my first cycle: 8 weeks test. prop. 150mg EOD with a 3 week Dbol kickstart of 40mg ED (I have PLENTY of Arimidex on hand in case of mid-cycle signs of gyno--trying to be extra cautious about this)

PCT: Clomid (4 weeks) 100mg/50mg/50mg/50mg

FINALLY, MY QUESTION...my buddy administered my first injection for me and showed me (in detail) how to perform this on myself safely in the quad. I self-injected this morning using the "slow and easy" insertion method with a 1 1/4 inch/23G needle and experienced no pain as the needle initially pierced the skin and began entering the quad, then halfway (approx. 3/4 of an inch) into my quad there was a sharp pain that freaked me out thinking I hit a nerve. I pulled it out immediately, capped the needle, replaced with a new needle (same size) and tried again on my other thigh and was successful (despite being nervous as hell!!), but even on the successful second attempt there was no pain when the needle initially pierced the skin, and again there was a sharpish pain approx. 3/4 of an inch into my quad. Is it normal for the needle to slide in easily at first, then cause sharpish pain about halfway into the quad? Was this a nerve?? Or is this normal pain to be expected as a result of the needle reaching muscle tissue after passing through the initial layers of skin and fat (epidermis/dermis/adipose tissue)??

I've done so much research on injection sites and was confident that I was in the right spot, so I just STRAPPED ON THE NUTS on the second attempt and pushed through the pain by slowly pressing the needle directly into the site, aspirated, then shot in 150mg of the goods.

Even though I was successful on my second attempt, I'm still a little freaked out by the experience, and I need to get comfortable doing this considering that test. prop. requires frequent injections, and I don't want to be reliant on my buddy to do this for me EOD, so any advice, tips or guidance is much appreciated...thanks!!

Cause ur going too deep. When going in if u feel a twitch or u feel pain during inject it could be a nerve. Use one inch u could prob even use 5/8 since ur bf is fairly low

Quads are 1" no need to go deeper, plus you are in the wrong area of the quads, in my opinion. Once you find the right area you will be fine. Put your thumb on your hip bone then point your pinky down the outside 1/3 of your thigh. Where your pinky ends is your location. Good luck.

Quads are 1" no need to go deeper, plus you are in the wrong area of the quads, in my opinion. Once you find the right area you will be fine. Put your thumb on your hip bone then point your pinky down the outside 1/3 of your thigh. Where your pinky ends is your location. Good luck.

This^^ Sometimes it just hurts, ur muscles don't always like a metal harpoon goin thru it, fight thru the pain and finish the shot

Last edited:
Top Bottom