Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First batch made - question about oil

MaxxReps

I just made my first batch of gear will start shooting it in a couple of weeks when I run out of my current stuff. Its so nice and clear and everything just went well - I just hope that the 2%BA and 20%BB won't hurt too much.

I filtered through a .22um Whatman and although was slow only did 40ml so not too bad. My question is that I purchased prefiltered sterile oil - which I understand is not necessary as the filter process filters out the nasties - not to mention that we add unsterile powder anyway.

Thing is, I am a little worried that I may have trouble filtering grocery store oil. Do any of you have this trouble? Do you prefilter grocery store oil before using it?

The sterile oil is pretty expensive and really adds to the cost of the gear. I'd like to get away from it for future projects.

Also, is grapeseed oil the best to use?

I just made my first batch of gear will start shooting it in a couple of weeks when I run out of my current stuff. Its so nice and clear and everything just went well - I just hope that the 2%BA and 20%BB won't hurt too much.

I filtered through a .22um Whatman and although was slow only did 40ml so not too bad. My question is that I purchased prefiltered sterile oil - which I understand is not necessary as the filter process filters out the nasties - not to mention that we add unsterile powder anyway.

Thing is, I am a little worried that I may have trouble filtering grocery store oil. Do any of you have this trouble? Do you prefilter grocery store oil before using it?

The sterile oil is pretty expensive and really adds to the cost of the gear. I'd like to get away from it for future projects.

Also, is grapeseed oil the best to use?

I have never used sterile/prefiltered oil so I am not sure how it compares, but I can say I have had no problem filtering grocery store grapeseed oil. In fact I just made a batch about 3 or 4 weeks ago using it.

Prefiltering is never a bad thing, but in this case I found it completely unnecessary.

I wont say grapeseed oil is the best, because I am not a "juice oil" expert. However, I have used quite a few oils over the years with seemingly very similar results as this last grapseed oil batch.

I say avoid major allergen oils (peanut, etc), and everything else works fine. Keep in mind that I always stick to classic dosing, so I don't know how things hold at higher concentrations in different oils.

Thanks I will try using grocery store oil next. I too am not too worried about high concentrations. I don't plan on using heroic amounts of steroids and injection pain and solvent complexity goes up as the concentration goes up.

Anthony summed it up pretty well. Steriles oils are very expensive compared to non sterile and I also beleive you are perfectly fine with non sterile. I am not sure on pricing where you are at but here in Mexico grapeseed oil is 4 times as expensive as others. I have used mutliple oils in my mixes and honestly I have not seen a difference. I even mixed a batch of prop a while back, half grapeseed and half sesame oil and I could not feel anything different.

The fun part of homebrewing is experimenting and finding what you like and what works.

Good luck!

I've used sterile USP oil as well as non sterile GSO from gnc. It was a lot cheaper unsterile.

To me there is no point in buying it sterile as you contaminate the shit out of it as soon as you add the powder to it. The BA will assist in killing bacteria as will the final filtering into a sterile vial.

makes me wonder if your really paying for "sterile" oil or are they just squirting some regular oil in there and calling it sterile filtered oil

makes me wonder if your really paying for "sterile" oil or are they just squirting some regular oil in there and calling it sterile filtered oil

I work with plants, and we are always growing out fungi and bacteria from infected plants on agar trying to identify what is killing/stunting/etc. the plants.

I bought some sterile oil and non-sterile oil from a well-known supplier of such things, and made a few streak plates with the oil, and lo and behold, the sterile was sterile, and the other was not.

But like someone else said, there isn't much point in paying for it to use for brewing. But if you already have gear that you need to dilute, it is really the way to go.

I don't know if the business is a sponsor or not.

Reactions: ceo
Top Bottom