Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FedEx opened package, then called LE. WTF???

aasjunkie

So I go to my box today and there is a package from FedEx for me. I sign for it, walk outside and get in my car, and two sheriffs run up on me and ask me if I know what is in the package. I tell them no, I haven't opened it, and they say I'm lying and I know it contains steroids.

Well they take me over to their SUV and handcuff me at which point I ask them if I am in custody and what exactly am I charged with. He admitted i was under arrest for possession of C-III substance reads me my rights. Then asks for consent to search my house. Fuck no. He asks me if I want to talk to him about it and I invoke my right to an attorney and that was that.

4 hrs later he gets a search warrant and it says that the package was missing the suite and box # on the address so the FedEx hub manager opened it looking for an invoice with more accurate address. He supposedly found 300 dbol tabs and called the cops.

Is this standard procedure for FedEx? Shouldn't they have tried to contact the sender or receiver before opening the package. And when they did, how did the hub manager know that the pills were illegal anyway?

They searched my house and found nothing but I am still charged with possession with intent of schedule III substance.

My lawyer said that if the FedEx guy was acting at the instruction of LE, if the cops told him to open anything suspicious addressed to me and call them, then it was an illegal search.

There was nothing in my house connecting me to the alleged dbol. The only evidence is a history of receiving packages from that address.

But I cant help it if the person who sends me magazines, books, pc equipment, whatever, accidentally sent me something illegal instead.

Maybe he found out I was banging his ex-gf and wanted to get me in trouble?

I've got a good lawyer who is going to go all the way to trial if they don't drop the charges. Does anyone know what FedEx standard procedures are for an incorrectly addressed package?

Thanks in advance!

That's fucked man. They have no business opening up shit.

I'm calling bs on the hub manager calling the police for a package that has no address then the cops saying open it up. Either way it sounds bad IMO. I bet they drop it post haste.

Well check this out. The times according to the search warrant and the times according to the FedEx tracking details contradict each other. The search warrrant says they got the call at 805 am from the hub manager who said he found 300 pills in a package because they could not locate the correct recipient. The FedEx tracking says that at 7:58 am the package was on the truck out for delivery and it was not until 9:05 that the driver determined he couldn't locate the address. Unless the driver traveled back to the hub in a fucking time machine, there is no way that the hub manager could have opened the package trying to find a more detailed address, then found and identified the alleged dbol and then placed a call to LE until after 9:05am.

FedEx has very detailed and accurate tracking so I'm calling bullshit on the basis of the search warrant because obviously one of them is lying about the time, and FedEx computer based scanning and tracking is a hell of alot more credible than some bullshit motive made up by a cop to open my pack.

I sent the tracking details to my attorney who said the search sounded suspicious in the first place.

I'm not lawyer, but that sounds like grounds for dismissal right there. If I were a judge I'd throw it out. But I'm kind of biased too. :)

I think with UPS and FED EX they can open packs without warrants. The USPS has to get a warrant to open up a package.
Was this sent to you USA domestic?

I know when customs tells us to open a package we open it, same with any OGA. I imagine local authorities can do the same.

I haven't "signed" for anything ever, not even international.. get a different source for sure..

And way back in the day working for UpS, we opened 10% of the mail as a normal..

they will try and press for some sort of conviction, just stay strong..

and whatever you do, go to a public library and contact your source tell him you got popped..

Top Bottom