Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fat and getting old - taking control

theolderman

I'm 52 and 208, just fat. I have joined the gym way overdue and hope not too late to make a positive change to myself for me.

I want engage a trainer but like to hear you guys think is a good approach?

Do I loose the fat first before hitting the weights or jump right in? Should I look for fat burning supplements while I'm working?

I hate the way I look and anxious to do something about it. I have read quite a bit about going on TST e with AI and pct to prevent gyno etc. should I wait before considering hitting a cycle and see what my body can do first...I only ask because I am anxious to hit it hard. Thank for any advice-greatly appreciated.

No, you're certainly not too old to start. If you consider yourself fat right now, your primary goal should be to get leaner while maintaining muscle.

I would mix your cardio with weight training, and the key is to get your diet right. If you start working out 3-5 times per week and weigh 208, I'd recommend that you eat about 2,300 calories per week (this will help you cut about 1 pound a week).

Also, break your macros down into the following:
carbs - 1.0 per lb. (can vary based on metabolism, workouts, body type)
protein - 1.0g per lb.
fats - .5 per lb.

Also, I would hold off on cycling until your body fat percentage is lower for health reasons. 15% or lower is a decent starting point for steroids.

Thanks George....after a month got diet down with proteins, carbs and fat. I'm averaging about 2000 Cal daily. I'm burning about 2800 cal daily. I have lost 14 lbs. I'm 52, 6' and at 194 lbs currently. Little ways to go. Doctor just got first blood test back...low T. Second blood test coming up but looking like TRT.

Glad to hear that you're making some serious progress! It's too bad about your low T on the first test, but at least you won't need to worry about PCT when you do a steroid cycle if your second test also comes back TRT.

Top Bottom