Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FANTOM1...need some bench advice.

MP5

Banned
My workouts are coming along nicely, my back is almost fully healed. I was able to push up 300 on my last set yesterday, so I am getting there. Anyway, just wondering how many sets you do of flat bench not including warm up and a ballpark on number of reps?

If I am not mistaken you said in the past that you never do incline and flat during the same workout, that you do flat for a few weeks and then for the next few you do incline. That is what I have been doing and I have been throwing in some flys and dips, and that is it. I definately think I was overtraining my chest before. Thanks...

May, I hope you can push up more than that. What are you weighing, like 170ish? Getting me bench to go up has been a struggle. I have been working my delts and tris a lot to help. Plus I think big delts make the upper body.

Yeah, I weigh 170. I'm benching 160. Sure, you can bench an additional 140, but you're also 50 pounds heavier than me. I'm happy with my gains to date.

Are you fucking with me? I figured even you were pushing more than that. If you are serious all I can say is hang in there and hit it hard. Work on your technique. The mind muscle connection seems to play a big role in bench press. But compared to some I am a weakling at bench. I think Fantom and Helmsman would embarass me in the gym.:(

How tall are you may?
MP5 your right getting a bench up is some hard ass work. On a finn dbal cycle got mine up to 325perfect for 1. Good for me but that I was about 18-20lbs heaver. Now its probably down to like 240(SAD)

275 for 6 for me, natty so far. That will all change in 2 weeks hehehe, then maybe Ill be pushing some good weight

I'm glad my advice is helping....after I stretch and do a few side raises to get the shoulders going..I put 155 on the bar and do it 10 times....nice slow pace 2 count down and 2 count up...then what I do is this... I jump up to 225 and do 5 reps....(to get a feel for a heavier weight) then I jump up to 275 and do 8 reps.....last set I'll go to 295 and do 8 ( I could do more but Im by myself) and my flat benching is done...next I go to dips...I do 3 sets with 2 45lb plates on my waist......first set is 10 next 2 are 8.... chest workout is done....... On to shoulders....I usually use dumbell presses and always do sets of 8 (3 sets total..weight going up 5lbs each set) starting with 65lbs and going 75lbs... next I do side raises..very strict...15lb dumbells...for 3 sets of 8 and my shoulders are on fire...If I will then do 2 sets of of lying reverse raises for rear delts....using 10lb dumbbells.... next Tri's...if my elbow's are feeling good I love doing seated tri curls (or presses..whatever you call them) sitting reverse on a preacher bench to give my lower back support (same thing with the dumb presses) here I use a 45lb plate on each side of a curl bar...again 3 sets of 8......if elbows are sore...I will just do cable pushdowns... next exercise is cable pushdowns...3 sets of...................... yes!!!! 8 !! And that is the end of my chest shoulder tri routine.........done in about 40 minutes (about 1 1/2 minutes rest between sets) and my body is pumped and I am drained.....some guys may think that " only 40 minutes and only that few amount of sets"???? Don't knock it until you have tried it..... I also work out 3 days a week M, W, F.... and I am stronger in every lift now than I ever was....injuries are fewer also.....Give it a try MP5 and let me know how it goes...............(Oh yeah...after 1 month I switch my flat benches to incline benching for a month..and will usually drop the dips and go with incline flyes........)

Sounds like a plan. I used to do like 4 chest excercises and top it off with dips! Definately too much. I basically was using your method before I got injured and it was coming along nicely. Now that I am back into it I cannot wait to hit it hard again.

Top Bottom