Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

extended atkins diet???

Atkins

Well you actually CAN "cheat" on Atkins, and/or cycle, but you can't expect to dump much body fat that way. If you're only losing fat when in ketosis, then carb load, it takes another couple of days to get back into ketosis. If you carb load every week, you'll only end up spending one or two days a week in ketosis.

I dumped 65 pounds on Atkins. I'd do induction for two weeks, then raise up to about 80-100 for a couple of days, then drop down to 20 for another 3 weeks.

BTW - I'm too squeamish to shoot insulin into myself (or anything else). However, alpha lipoic acid gets me back into ketosis quicker than anything else. I'm a small woman, and about 200-300 mg the day of and after a "cheat", and I'm back into ketosis within 12 hours.

Also, carb cutters are SHIT for losing weight, but they're good for a "cheat". If you know you're going to cheat, try some at double dose. It'll make it easier to get back into ketosis, and for me, at least, I don't have to go through "carb withdrawl" afterwards.

Atkins ISN'T really made for body builders - at least at induction levels. Induction (under 20 grams a day) is only supposed to be for the first two weeks, then you're supposed to raise the level to suit your metabolism and activity level. When I was working out regularly, lifting and doing cardio, I found I could lose fat on as much as 50-60 grams a day. And I'm a women - men use up carbs a lot faster.

If you're not interested in SKD's or CKD's - you might want to look into the Protein Power diet which sets a minimum protein requirement (might not be high enough for a body builder, though) which is way higher than the average American crap diet - and carb levels at about 40 per day for non-obese dieters.

Fawn

Top Bottom