Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exctasy is not harmful and doesn't cause damage after long term use.

MaGilicuti

http://www.djmag.com/pages/whats_up.cgi?file=whats_up20020902dj.csv&topic=drugs&story=0

Psychologists claim ecstasy may not cause long-term harm

Leading psychologists have caused a stir with claims that Ecstasy might not be dangerous at all.

The three psychologists - two English and one American - have claimed that findings published from studies on Ecstasy, a drug previously blamed for causing possible brain damage and a series of deaths, might be inaccurate.

Articles published by Dr John Cole, Harry Sumnall and the USA's Prof Charles Grob in the British Psychological Society magazine claimed that many of the studies carried out since 1995 have been flawed.

Those studies showed that Ecstasy effects the cells in the brain that produce serotonin, the chemical that's known to influence a person's mood. Use of Ecstasy, according to findings from those original studies, degenerates these cells.

However, this trio of psychologists said that Ecstasy use degenerates the nerve fibres, which can be re-grown, rather than the cells themselves.

The team accused scientists who carried out the studies of placing less focus on the data that suggests that exposure to Ecstasy has no long term effect and said that only the positive results of the studies were reported in detail.

In their article in the BPS they said: "This suggests that hypotheses concerning the long term effects of Ecstasy are not being uniformly substantiated and lends support to the idea that Ecstasy is not causing long term effects associated with the loss of serotonin."

While clubbers continue to take Ecstasy in large quantities - figures show that up to two million pills are consumed each weekend in the UK - the effects of these pills are still not known fully.

Deaths related to Ecstasy have risen in the past decade with the record figure of 27 E-related deaths in 2000. Of those 27 who died, 19 of them had other drugs in their systems and while the exact cause of death was not established, where it has been, the cause has been attributed to dehydration.

Since the article was published in the BPS a string of response articles have appeared in national newspapers. Paul Betts, father of Leah Betts who died after taking the drug in 1995, called the BPS article 'despicable'.

Meanwhile, there's no doubt that the views printed by Cole, Sumnall and Grob will prompt further studies into the effects of Ecstasy.

E is not bad at all as long as you keep it in moderation, period. Lots of other places to learn, www.bluelight.nu, www.erowid.org I know more than a few people who have rolled on 2 pills or more every weekend for the last 3,4, 7, even 12(yes 12, back when all that was ever sold was pure mdma) years and these people are all fine, no problems whatsoever. Then again i know a couple people who decided it would be a good idea to roll every day and that kinda shit, and they have depression problems and cant remember shit, but they knew better. Personally I love the shit, but im educated about it. I think if you educated yourself about what you put into your body, you can make a more educated decision as far as the risk versus reward of taking rec drugs, and for me E is far too good to not do because of some speculation, in monkeys no less. Besides, most of the info on the streets about E is so far off base it can only be propaganda, and I hate the fucking government for always hiding the truth and only letting the general population see what they want them to see. It makes me want to do more drugs! Fuck em, if youre curious, learn, then make an educated decision. Just MO

Honestly, I use to love a good roll, I don't know if the pills now a days are just completetly shit or what but I can't handle the anxiety when i'm on. And I only roll a few times a year now. And I also find the depression too much to take now. I also know that I did fuck up one semester bad do to my weekend e use. The only thing I highly enjoy is k and it looks like they just put a big dent into the k trade. Seriously I loved g cause there was no weight loss and you slept like a baby afterwords, and I never had a bad time on it. Also, a few bumps when i'm out and i'm set. Now the government is taking my 2 favorite party aids away. I hate this shit.
---PEACE---Mad Max

Mad Max said:
Honestly, I use to love a good roll, I don't know if the pills now a days are just completetly shit or what but I can't handle the anxiety when i'm on. And I only roll a few times a year now. And I also find the depression too much to take now. I also know that I did fuck up one semester bad do to my weekend e use. The only thing I highly enjoy is k and it looks like they just put a big dent into the k trade. Seriously I loved g cause there was no weight loss and you slept like a baby afterwords, and I never had a bad time on it. Also, a few bumps when i'm out and i'm set. Now the government is taking my 2 favorite party aids away. I hate this shit.
---PEACE---Mad Max

Speak on brotha...

If you party every weekend no matter what you do even sober its gonna effect you no matter what. Drugs, drinking or whatever it will do something to you. I honestly don't get the depression side effect. Atleast not noticablely different. I can't say I've had a problem yet except for grinding the shit out of my teeth

Top Bottom