Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Ever feel like its all crashing down

theoak01

New member
just when things seem to be great,i mean just about perfect they always crash and burn

i just found out i have under 1000 dollars saved for college when for the last few years i was told upwards of 10grand,so my grandmother lied and i goto college in a year,have nothing saved because i thought i was set,i cant get a job and sure as hell wont be able to get the money by then

lately even more than usual i feel like nobody in my family gives a shit about me and 99% of the time im not acknowledged,its to the point where dinner is made for everyone else while im home but nothing for me ,i must fend for myself,i cant remember the last time anyone i live with said they cared,its been this way all my life and i swear this has caused my anti social behavior,simply because i dont know how to act around people,im very timid and trust nobody

fuck my life is shit

i just needed to vent and didnt have anywhere else to go,im sorry
 
The Canadian Oak said:

fuck my life is shit


Negative.

At least you have a family.

Get yourself a loan to go to school. Or work for the money. It's not like there is a set cutoff age for entering university.

You've got plenty of time.

Use it.
 
I know the feeling bro, I am going through rough times myself.

You got to get out there and feel confident in yourself, and make things happen. Like goatslayer said, you've got time.......get the loans, get a job for a while, and you will be ok.
 
Ditto... check your PM

Like SG said... I took out loans to go to undergrad and I took out loans for law school... granted, I'm paying them back now, but at least I was able to get to school... apply for scholarships and so on... it wasn't easy, but I did it.

C
 
mylife said:
isn't the military giving you money for school?

the army really turned to shit for me,all kinds of bullshit there plus home probs etc so im inactive till i get my discharge


i really appreciate the suggestions guys,ill have to see where my credit rating is at for next year and pray i get a loan


im glad you guys were here to put a bit of this problem into perspective
 
Yep.....times can be tough....they won't last though..I hear ya on being invisible......Worked till close to 9 pm last nite.......get in...everyone else had eaten....no one wanted to wait and eat with me...so at 9:30 - I decise to fix 3 grilled cheese sandwiches....the pan I was going to use was in the sink - dirty.....noone wanted to clean up their shit...so yeah - I understand where you're coming form.
 
Apply for every scholarship you can find. There are a ton of "dead professor" scholarships. Sometimes it just covers books, but hey, its better than zero.

Seriously, apply for every damn one of them. Better you get them than some Al Quaeda asshole. (I work at a university, and you wouldn't believe this shit)

You're just a little in the dumps right now. There are hundreds of people who care about you, if you think about it.
It can only get better........
 
As someone who had to pay his own way through college, while working full time, having a wife and kids.....

...... I'm not feeling too sorry for you about not having your G-ma give you money.

If you work your way through college, you will probably respect your education more (study harder, attend every class, try and learn more) than if you have it all handed to you.

I don't know about the other stuff, but do this....... make the best of the time you have with your family, because you won't always have that chance.
 
i had no problem saving if i knew i had to,but i was told since i was young i had a college fund and that it had alot of money in it,otherwise i wouldnt have had the problem paying

and to top off my week i have a joint credit card with my dad so he can rebuild his bad credit(ya i know stupid) well the son of a bitch maxed it out and i need stuff to go back to school and he was suppose to pay me last week when he got paid since i work for a family business and i got shit ,now my card isnt even useful


fuck this blows,the day i get outta here is the day it all gets better
 
it's never as bad as it seems
whatever doesn't kill you only makes you suffer (and then eventually stronger)
 
O.S.A.P.

and most schools let you even pay off your tution monthly through a chequeing account with no interest!

just make sure you're already enrolled in the program.
 
i dont qualify for osap as i own my own car and i believe my parents income due to my fathers recent job exceeds the allowed limit for it

i may end up taking a bank loan i dunno,my credit is ok right now
 
The Canadian Oak said:
just when things seem to be great,i mean just about perfect they always crash and burn

i just found out i have under 1000 dollars saved for college when for the last few years i was told upwards of 10grand,so my grandmother lied and i goto college in a year,have nothing saved because i thought i was set,i cant get a job and sure as hell wont be able to get the money by then

lately even more than usual i feel like nobody in my family gives a shit about me and 99% of the time im not acknowledged,its to the point where dinner is made for everyone else while im home but nothing for me ,i must fend for myself,i cant remember the last time anyone i live with said they cared,its been this way all my life and i swear this has caused my anti social behavior,simply because i dont know how to act around people,im very timid and trust nobody

fuck my life is shit

i just needed to vent and didnt have anywhere else to go,im sorry

remember your secret power.... dude.. you can turn it on them.
 
Re: Re: Ever feel like its all crashing down

Satanic Goatslayer said:


Negative.

At least you have a family.

Get yourself a loan to go to school. Or work for the money. It's not like there is a set cutoff age for entering university.

You've got plenty of time.

Use it.

You know this is some of the best and nice advice I have seen you give yet. You are strange but you are an ok dude.

Oh Canadian keep the chin up bro. Life is like that up and down good times bad times. Things will get better one day too. I am going through crap myself right now wondering how I am going to get through. So I decided not to worry and give it to God.
 
Hell, lots of people are in a world of shit. I moved out here to Cali and the day I got here the moving company fucked me out of an EXTRA 1500 bucks, then I couldn't find a job(I am currently looking for a job now as well) and ended up having to sell my car to pay bills. So now my girl and I share a car and only she is working. Talk about shitty living. We both wanted to take some more classes(she has a degree and I have 35credits) but we aren't officially residents until after October and classes start in Sept. so in order to get fin aid at all we have to wait. I have been thru more shit in my life than you could imagine. You have to actively make things better, roll with the punches and there are lots of punches, and kicks too! Life is a puzzle and you really need to be clever to get where you want. I have recently felt suicidal but it always passes when you realize it is selfish and the easy way out. Lifting is the only thing keeping me from a meltdown. Just formulate a plan and make it happen. My goal is to have my band on Ozzfest next year and I will stop at nothing to make it happen! Ya'll better come see us too!! Buy lots of our band T-shirts so I can afford a new car!! lol.

Anyway, I know exactly what it feels like to be trapped. I commonly feel like I am being crushed under a big rock called humanity and there seems no way out. It is the mind that will ultimately make things better for you. There is always a way to go to school, either thru loans or grants etc. I have hardly any friends here and neither does my girl and that adds to the stress but you know what- fuck it, it wont kill me. I will overcome this just like every other bump in the road and you will overcome your problems as well. Your in the Army right? Well look at life like a big obstacle course- you never know which route you'll have to take and it is never easy(except for Bill Gates kids). Be thankful you have a family even if you think they suck, allot of people do not even have that. No one payed for my girls schooling nor mine, we both had scholarships or grants or loans. Our parents are pretty poor and never gave shit towards college. I owe 17k in loans and I dont even have an associates!! How bout that shit? So....plan plan plan. That is the biggest mistake young people make is not to plan. Make a plan and stick with it.
 
How much does college cost? here in america, most only charge about $100 a credit hour, so you'd need about $10k total for an associates degree (including lab fees, textbooks, permits).

Can you try a 1 or 2 year degree trade school or community college? their tuition is usually alot lower (probably $4k for the total program), and you can get a job that pays enough to go back to college down the road (i.e., a career that pays $14 and lets you work part time so you can go back to school).

You can probably get a part time job if you look hard enough. As long as you can live at home, you can make $4-5k a year doing part time minimum wage work (i don't know how canadas economy works or if you have minimum wage. sorry).

And, i'm telling you this seriously, i wouldn't look for a woman to help with the lonliness. When you get that isolated, romantic interludes can seem really tempting, but they usually aren't the best idea when in desperate need of love or understanding. I would look for close, understanding friends over women.

jetisin had a good point too. Once you become independent, you realize you are the one who controls if/when you pull yourself up.
 
Top Bottom