Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Egg Whites question - help needed please...

John McLane

Right, I was wondering if I can mix some egg whites with my porridge oats (either microwaving or in a pot on the cooker hob - just gently simmering) or would it be ok if I eat them eaw? My concern is that if I eat them raw there may be a chance that I get salmonella and I've also heard that if you cook them too much it denatures the protein - is this true? Yet we boil them to have boiled eggs so wtf??? Can someone clarify this please?

i dont think you can denature egg protein by cooking it too much.... id add it will be okay. sometimes i micro eggs

Right, I was wondering if I can mix some egg whites with my porridge oats (either microwaving or in a pot on the cooker hob - just gently simmering) or would it be ok if I eat them eaw? My concern is that if I eat them raw there may be a chance that I get salmonella and I've also heard that if you cook them too much it denatures the protein - is this true? Yet we boil them to have boiled eggs so wtf??? Can someone clarify this please?

I know plenty who still do it but me personally I will never eat raw eggs.

I do not encourage eating raw eggs.

Salmonella is no joke and getting sick could seriously derail your fitness plans.

I always throw my egg whites into my oatmeal on the stove. The whites cook up real fast.

I always do this as well. But I like a twist on mine...I toss a bit of flavored wheytobuild protien on top: choc, or expresso

SO GOOD, MAKE YOU WANT TO SLAP YOU MAMA

That's what my mate does......so Im assuming you are sure doing it that way it wont kill off some of the protein content?

all proteins denature under heat.

"denaturation, protein A change in the structure of protein by heat, acid, alkali, or other agents which results in loss of solubility and coagulation. It is normally irreversible. Denatured proteins lose their biological activity (e.g. as enzymes), but not their nutritional value. Indeed, their digestibility is improved compared with the native structures, which are relatively resistant to enzymic hydrolysis. See also coagulation".

DAVID A. BENDER. "denaturation, protein." A Dictionary of Food and Nutrition. 2005. Retrieved January 06, 2011 from Encyclopedia.com: http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O39-denaturationprotein.html

Top Bottom