Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dumbell Press Vs Regualr Bench - Whats better/difference?

S

SSAlexSS

Anyone know what is the difference between dumbell and barble press?

I know that with dumbells you get bigger range of motion. Is doing dumbell bench presses a mass exercise like barbell bench press?

reply please,

THANKS! This topic is pretty interesting.

If you go high intensity and with great control I would think so. It allows for better isolation and stretch because of the better rom.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Buuuuuuump.

As you stated DB will give you more range of motion.
The issue between DB and BB only comes into play when you need Huge Weights to make gains.
Imagine lifting 250lbs worth of DB's
I'm not there YET...

Hey bro.

When you use dumbells, you have to stabilize alot more, ( back, delts, triceps,) and you will build more usable strength. I use barbells for strength and power to get me ready for dumbells, once my bench is up, I use heavier dumbells to build my stabilizers. It also allows for more variety to stimulate the muscle, first you max your strength in barbell, then you bring your dumbell press up to match your new strength level.
One way or another, you are still working chest, delts, and tri's. Keep pumping! E:cool:

Well I have to admit I was wrong when I was continually moaning on and on about Barbell not working, I can see its effects on my chest now, FINALLY.
Inclines have made all the difference, they are great!!

Its like what everyone has always told me, you have to find out what works for you. Its worth taking time to experiment, you wont lose any gains, try it!!

Top Bottom