Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doing bicep curls everyday

Tiipman

I have an E-Z curl bar with some weight in the corner of my office and I like to bust out a few reps in between work and calls...
Is it ok to work on my biceps everyday? a trainer told me your muscles grow when you are resting not when you lift, and he also said each muscle group should rest 2-3 days, I never realized that, am I making a mistake here?

Your trainer is 100% correct. When you are in the gym working out, you are actually breaking down your muscles. This causes a stress response in the body and the body rebuilds the muscle larger and stronger.

However, the recovery process takes time. If you are training the same muscle every single day, you are never allowing your body to recover and you are basically shooting yourself in the foot. You always want to wait at least 48 hours to train a muscle again.

In my opinion, there is really no reason to train a muscle more then 2-3 times per week. Hit it hard, stimulate it to grow, and then let it rest. Look at the best bodybuilders of all time - jay cutler, ronnie coleman etc - they all trained their arms only 1-2 times per week.

KISS. Keep it simple stupid.

Top Bottom