Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does supplementing estrogen stop your body from producing estrogen?

DAAMMMN! :mad: bummer, I was so loving that theory - even though I wasn't certain how correct it was.

W6 - some of the highest dose pills are 35mg estrogen, the low ones are 20mg - a significant difference. Are those low-dose ones STILL at a higher-than-natural level??? I may be losing it, but I thought you agreed in a thread months ago that this theory *may* be true.

I was always thinner ON the pill and MUCH happier & less moody. For that, it's worth it.

NewGirl - I'm trying to get REALLY lean for this next comp, and I don't want to be adding additional estrogen at the time I least need it. I'll probably drop it about 8 weeks out; it may not make a huge difference, but I need all the little bits of help I can get. The sigh is because I'm actually involved with someone right now, and we've been doubling up with condoms and OC, so dropping OC means I'm down to one contraceptive method. Not a huge deal, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I have to go back and find the paper with that ref. They had measured the synthetic E2, but I don't know what dose was being administered. Most of the papers just measure endogenous E2 which of course is low if you're on the pill.

W6

Wilson, how does something like nuvaring impact levels, since it's not "ingested" yet it releases hormones in the vagina?

If you look on page 2 of 24 of this link, you can see the exact hormones used. What is the method of action here? Does it absorb almost like an internal "patch?" If so, is this capable of changing the levels of ovarian production?

http://www.nuvaring.com/Authfiles/Images/134_19329.pdf

NuvaRing® is made of ethylene vinylacetate copolymers (28% and 9% vinylacetate) and magnesium stearate and contains 11.7 mg etonogestrel and 2.7 mg ethinyl estradiol.

Last edited:
JJ - I understand what you mean about every little bit helping....you and only you knows your body best. I would be curious though as to how low you can get on it.

As for the plan on double protection...I hear ya on that too. Makes it less spontaneous and more of a hassle for sure.

Gladiola -- for whatever reason -- I have many friends years ago who used to take the higher dose pills, that were very very thin taking it and would never want to switch or go off as they were leaner on than off -- or leaner on those than the lower dose. Whatever the chemistry is I am not sure -- but if it works for you...well then don't change it.

Top Bottom