Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does milk neutralize medicines?

Wongjenson

Does milk neutralize medicines and supplements? It isnot like I use milk to chase down the supplements (although I dosometimes with protein shakes which I make with milk), but it is aninteresting thing someone told me – that milk will neutralizemedicines when you take them. Does that sound real?

The calcium in milk can prevent the absorption of certain minerals like zinc, magnesium and iron but milk will not prevent any prescription drugs from being absorbed.

It's best to take your medications with water but if you prefer milk, it's fine to take them with milk as well.

Nahh, milk won't do anything to medicines, so it is perfectly fine to take it. As @muskate has said it, milk will indeed affect the absorption of minerals, but these are vitamins, not medicines.

a lot of people tell you bullshit because people in general are morons.

what i can tell you is grapefruit juice will make your medicine more strong, that is true. same with piperin which comes from pepper/spice

REPLY OF THE WEEK!

To the OP: if it was true we'd all be screwed because every time we go ill there's bound to have been a time we had some milk at some point and so messed ourselves up. Plus it'd say something on the bottle the pills came in. At best it'd slow down absorption.

It is not going to make any noticeable difference. It would be like weighing yourself holding a feather. Yes, you technically weight more but what are we really talking about here.

Top Bottom