Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do the protein flavors make a difference?

Moberdany

When you choose a whey protein, is there a difference between different tastes meaning the nutritional values, like carbs and so on? I am thinking to ask a friend to buy some for me, but need to know if there is any flavor that is especially good in that sense.

Every brand is different, and they will have different lists of ingredients in their products. As a general rule, the manufacturers plan the addition of flavors in such a way, as to not change the overall characteristics of the product. So I am pretty sure that you will get an almost identical product with all flavors, and if there will even be such a difference, it will be absolutely minimal.

When you choose a whey protein, is there a difference between different tastes meaning the nutritional values, like carbs and so on? I am thinking to ask a friend to buy some for me, but need to know if there is any flavor that is especially good in that sense.

Having had protein powders blended for me when I owned my supplement company I can tell you that there are very small differences with most flavors - tiny - with one exception: chocolate.

With chocolate they often add cocoa to the choc flavor. It brings out the rich taste. Without it it's half as good as it should be.

basing a protein powder on taste is the worst thing you can ever do!

you need to read the label and ingredients. you want a very high quality whey isolate, check out what they got at n2bm.. they got like 6 ingredients in their stuff

compare that with other brands that have like 25 things

The flavour you pick should not effect the nutrition value. Some companies will add things like cookie pieces to their cookie and crumb flavoured protein so make sure to read the ingredients list but for the most part, the nutritional facts will be identical for all flavours.

You really need to do your research when it comes to protein supplements. Always carefully read the ingredient list. A lot of protein powders are cut with fillers. I use wheytobuildmuscle from n2bm.com. It's one of the few protein powders I found with no filler.

basing a protein powder on taste is the worst thing you can ever do!

you need to read the label and ingredients. you want a very high quality whey isolate, check out what they got at n2bm.. they got like 6 ingredients in their stuff

compare that with other brands that have like 25 things

And do they have any nice flavors? If it is that good and they have nice flavors, I would try them out.

Top Bottom