Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do Plate Heights Differ?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey everyone! Ive been noticing after switching gyms, that deadlifts off the floor are feeling awkward lately. Could be because I took a month off, but Im wondering if the height of the 45lb plates might have been an inch or more higher then the gym Im at now. Would definately effect bar height if this was the case. I switched from Standard Ivanko 45lb plates to the newer Ivanko plates with the holes in them. Anyone know if there is a height difference? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

not sure about the ivanko plates but ive noticed in my gym there a few 45 plates that seem a little older and slightly larger.. whic obviously can affect your pull...however when doind deads i usally use the rubber coated hex plates bar doesnt roll and sits wherever you plant it...

wnt2bBeast said:
not sure about the ivanko plates but ive noticed in my gym there a few 45 plates that seem a little older and slightly larger.. whic obviously can affect your pull...however when doind deads i usally use the rubber coated hex plates bar doesnt roll and sits wherever you plant it...

Wow, personally I find those hex plates are horrible for deads. They tend to not land back flat for me, and they bounce and jar me if they come downslightly on a corner.

Beast, I don't know orb. I have seen a few brands mixed up and they seem to be the same hight, but I could be wrong. You could probably do a google search and find the sepcs on each type.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Wow, personally I find those hex plates are horrible for deads. They tend to not land back flat for me, and they bounce and jar me if they come downslightly on a corner.

Beast, I don't know orb. I have seen a few brands mixed up and they seem to be the same hight, but I could be wrong. You could probably do a google search and find the sepcs on each type.

never ever had that problem..wacth this week itll happen lol

yea plate heights on the 45s definitely differ...I lift at this peice of shit 80s gym and they have 45s of all kinds of sizes...its like a fucking candy store...

ThanX for all the replies everyone!! You guys KICK FUCKIN ASS!! I did a little google research as BBF suggested and the answer was very easy to come across. Ivanko's site shows both types of plates I was referring too and states that the diameters are the same. So I guess its just me thats FUCKED up lately!! haha Im deadlifting today and hope to pull more then 455 this time. Some days deadlifting feels extremely awkward, and sometimes it feels good. Strange. I used to LOVE to pull off the rack with 3/4 deads then go directly to regular deads and Id be real strong on them. Now I have to basically go directly to floor deads, until I can find a decent adjustment on these new racks. ThanX for all the support as always! KEEP KILLING THAT SHIT!!

I was going to 2 different gyms

In the second one the 25s look like the 45s of the first gym

Good for the ego ;)

Top Bottom