Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do different races grow muscle faster?

When the slave traders brought slaves over, they only picked the biggest and most healthy. Of those, only the strong survived the journey over. This is why you see so many big strong Blacks. They are the best of the best from Africa hundreds of years ago. I know some African people who have migrated here in the past 50 years and they aren't even close to the same size as most of the African-Americans of slave descent.

NorgePrecision said:
When the slave traders brought slaves over, they only picked the biggest and most healthy. Of those, only the strong survived the journey over. This is why you see so many big strong Blacks. They are the best of the best from Africa hundreds of years ago. I know some African people who have migrated here in the past 50 years and they aren't even close to the same size as most of the African-Americans of slave descent.

And as shameful as it is, the farmers then tried to selectively 'breed' even stronger (and les inteligent) slaves. Saying that, I live in Peckham now, where there are plenty of first generation Africans, everywhere I look there are huge, thick (as in muscular) guys. At 220 I feel undersized.

actually it's the islanders like the Maori, Samoans etc that are naturally the biggest and strongest - definitely the most meso heavy race ever :)

still I don't think can you type cast any race, every person is an individual. A lot of times people excel at certain things, because of environment and upbringing, and not by choice.

d-dub said:
100 metre race seems to grow more muscle than the long distance races.

ohh, wrong race.

carry on.

Best answer as of yet.
I doubt that the race has any effect, other than the ancestral histories of those specific families directly. I also thought that african americans had an easier to get more cut..

coolcolj said:
actually it's the islanders like the Maori, Samoans etc that are naturally the biggest and strongest - definitely the most meso heavy race ever :)

still I don't think can you type cast any race, every person is an individual. A lot of times people excel at certain things, because of environment and upbringing, and not by choice.

Yeah, this statistic is pretty impressive,

"There are approximately 500,000 Samoans in the world, only half of whom come in contact with American football. Yet more than 200 play Division I college ball."

NorgePrecision said:

this theory is bullshit in so many ways.

Africans FROM AFRICA are larger and stronger naturally.

It has nothing to do with selective breeding or whatever.

slavery didn't last long enough for meaningful genetic change to occur.

AlwaysOn said:
this theory is bullshit in so many ways.

Africans FROM AFRICA are larger and stronger naturally.

It has nothing to do with selective breeding or whatever.

slavery didn't last long enough for meaningful genetic change to occur.

I guess it was their choice of footwear?

And the long distance runners from Kenya can clean & jerk #400? Do not think so.

To some extent selective breeding has an effect - look at Norwegians, Swedes (or any World's Strongest Man competition). My buddies played football against Hawaii. Time and time again they said the sheer size of the Samoan lineman is what wore them down. Pretty sure that "selective" breeding (i.e. no other options than Samoan poontang) inside their race has led to the development of certain genes and traits.

I think geographical location has a lot to do with it as well. Look at all the skinny African distance runners. They're black but they sure as hell don't have bulky muscles and strength but they can run all day. Pale white folks from Eastern Europe dominate a lot of strength sports. You can't forget the influence of culture as well. Depending on what part of the world you're in you will be exposed to different sports.

Top Bottom