Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DL technique - sumo vs. regular

Eno

I suffer from irritation in my right knee - nothing too severe. I was wondering whether switching from a regular style stance to sumo-style would help this out? Also, which is more prevalent in competition? This forum is great and I appreciate any feedback.

Sumo style imcorporates the legs more than traditional deadlifts.....however, they never bothered my knees personally........I have had tendonitis pretty bad at times in both knees and any kind of leg movement would kill, but I could perform heavy sumo style deadlifts no problem.......just try them out and see what works.....and post your results.

If your knee doesnt bother you with both weigh the pros and cons. If your weak off th efloor sumo is hard to get movin. But it is easier (not for me) too lockout. They way i am built i should pull sumo but it feels horrible to me. So i pull conventionally. If your arms are long and your torso is short then you are made to pull conventionally. But try both and see what feels more natural. Good luck.

There's a thread from EMAN that addresses this - right now it's down about 10 places with 8 replies. Some good info.

Top Bottom