Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

distance running ....?

cozmokramer

any lond distance runners out here....

i'd love to hear about nutrition and training info...

as much as you have to say... i want to hear it!

Ex-Distance runner

I'm an Ex-D2 college distance runner

as far as stuff I would eat, I was told once I got to college to cut out all milk and cheese products AKA(Anything white dont eat it)

I weighed in about 175-180 when I got in, though I considered it the best shape of my life being around 7% bf my coaches werent too thrilled.

I went from running 60miles a week during seasons in highschool and 70-90 during off seasons to training 100-110 miles during off season and 85-100 during season when I got to college

my morning runs were 1hr-2hr runs anywhere from 8-16 miles, my afternoons were mostly repeat or time trial runs consiting of mile repeats- 3 mile repeats at or near race pace which for me was about 5:10-5:20 for the mile repeats and 5:20-5:30 for the 3 mile repeats.

after the afternoon runs we would usually finish up with 4 repeat quarters on the track with 100meters jogging or 20 seconds rest running in about 65,63,60, and 52-55 for the last one.

after my first month I had dropped down to 165lbs and they still weren't happy they thought at 6'1 I should be about 155lbs, and if it werent for all the beer I was drinking I'm sure I would have been 155lbs

I wasn't allowed to lift weights for the first month or 2 I was there cause they felt I was too bulky from my summer lifting program, after the 3rd month I was back and doing my usual lifting routine of 2 lifts per bodypart and splitting it for 3-4 days during the week with high reps between 15-25 and very low weight

by mid Cross Country season I had a pinch nerve in my hip and the begining of my knee problem so my my morning runs were subsituted with 1 hr pool running and swimming...No swim belts either lol....and weight lifting and treatment at the trainers.

After I got down to under 170 I mostly ate anything I wanted to except I limited the amount of milk products. Lot's of crap food mostly from the Cafeteria.

Last edited:
thanks thats absolutely great info... did you take any
supplements or steroids or anything at all...?

thanks... anyone else?

I took very very very small dossages of creatine, mostly 1 spoonfull a day and noticed that I could retain a good bit of water...Not to the point of being bloated but a fairly decent amount. If a distance athlete wants to take it I would recomend disreguarding all labels and directions, cause if you over do it your going to cramp up from constant dehydration.

I also added dehydrated skim milk to 3 glasses of milk in the morning and at night, it gave me more cals for the day and more protein that I wasn't able to get on days where I didn't have good quality meat to eat

Water is the best thing a runner could have. I got to the point of drinking close to 2 gallons a day. Lot's of pissing but I didn't feel near as bad in the heat as some of my team mates.

I have known of guys who did blood dopping in the summer time, by training up in Colorado for about 1 month then removing about 1 pint of blood 1 every week or two and then putting 1 pint back in before a big race like Conference, Regionals, or Nationals

Some guys used EPO along with blood dopping if they couldn't train in Mt's

Steroids weren't very common on our track team cause we competted to win the D2 title year after year so testing was common. Though to my knowledge the few who did never got caught. EPO would be more practical for a runner to use so they can increase the Red blood cells I believe it is inorder to hold more Oxygen in their blood. Steroids would be ok but I'm not sure from a strength standpoint how much they would benefit from it. Lasse Verin was rumored to have taken steroids as well as blood dopping when he won the Olympics back in the 70's

so small amounts of gear, blood doping, and or EPO would do ok, the risk of EPO could cause your heart to stop from producing to many Red Blood cells, and thicken your blood.

Top Bottom