Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Dilemma: Chin-Ups first or EZ Curls?

Ok, small dilemma.

Just changed from doing lat-pulldowns to chin-ups. When I do chin-ups first, I can do:

BodyWeight *12 reps
BW * 10
BW* 8

Something like that... But then i'm much weaker on EZ curls after doing chin-ups. If I do EZ bar curls, its the other way around, I'm stronger on them and weaker on chin-ups.

So...Which should I do first? Which is best for building mass on biceps? I know chins also work the lats, but i work them on another day with lat pulldown and I also do deadlifts and bent-over rows.

So...what u bros reckon?
 
ALWAYS do compound movements first. EZ bar curls are good and may work even better after the biceps are taxed from chins. By going lighter on the EZ's you will concentrate on form which is key with that movement.

Too illustrate an example...I do dips before I do direct tri work.
 
I cast my vote for Chin-ups first before the EZ-bar curls.

EZ bar curls are cool and all, but you're probably not curling your own weight like on a chin. Just do them with lighter weight and solid form later in the workout. You should probably be doing strict hammer curls anyway.

Good luck bor
 
Chin-ups first for 3 reasons:

1)Biceps give out first in chin-ups (palm-up), long before the back does, by working curls first, you will make this worse, and your back will miss out on chin, a great mass movement, because your biceps are exhausted.

2)Biceps not only bend arm, but supinate wrist (turn the palm to the sky, like to take a ball handed to you from another person). The e-z curl keeps your hand from supinating fully, limiting its use to build mass anyway . . . Preacher curls probably better anyway . . . or regular barbell curls

3)And 5 sets for an isolation and 2 sets for the mass movement seems kind of backwards for building mass. Most people focus on the big movements for heavy weight to build mass, not expend all their effort on isolations, pulleys and nautilus machines unless they are in contest prep with a severe diet.
 
Well he also said "I know chins also work the lats, but i work them on another day with lat pulldown and I also do deadlifts and bent-over rows." He's doing chins as a bicep exercises I believe.
 
Top Bottom