Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dieting on birth control (advice needed)

Cheetarah said:
I am on birth control and I've gotten down to 15% body fat so far but let me tell ya, it sure hasn't been easy! I plateaued around 17% and had to start taking a fat burner to get the fat burning going again. And my diet is very strict as well. I have a friend who competes, has been winning, and is on birth control as well. So yes, I think a nice lean look can be achieved while on birth control but it is more difficult, takes a stricter diet for sure!

how strick is your diet? i am convinced that my 'soft' muscle look is from the pill. could you give some tips?

Fawnmarie: Your experience w/Depo is incredible! I mean, incredibly weird! It's strange how we are all affected so differently. And THIRTY POUNDS IN SIX WEEKS? What did you do? How did you lose the weight? Rez, by the way: I think I am looking "softer" too, especially my lower body.

What I want to know is: what kind of BC are the really, really amazing fitness models using? I mean, like the ones who are 100 pounds and like 10 percent bodyfat? i would guess the iud, but i thought that docs won't put iuds in women who haven't given birth.

evilqueen said:
Fawnmarie: Your experience w/Depo is incredible! I mean, incredibly weird! It's strange how we are all affected so differently. And THIRTY POUNDS IN SIX WEEKS? What did you do? How did you lose the weight? Rez, by the way: I think I am looking "softer" too, especially my lower body.

What I want to know is: what kind of BC are the really, really amazing fitness models using? I mean, like the ones who are 100 pounds and like 10 percent bodyfat? i would guess the iud, but i thought that docs won't put iuds in women who haven't given birth.

EQ - don't mean to give you a hard time but I think you are mistaken about the actual weights of the fitness models. Most weigh much more than that unles they are very very short. For BC I would guess that it is either IUD, use of AAS will decrease fertility a bit although not to be counted on combined with condoms.

evilqueen said:

I think I did well on the Depo because it's a synthetic progesterone and I was estrogen dominant. I don't recall doing anything spectacular to lose weight. However - it killed my sex drive. :) My sister did Depo and gained weight, so who knows?

However with the BC pills, I wasn't doing anything different, just being a mom with two little kids. I was already pretty fat, having just had a baby around 175 post-baby. My doctor thought I had endometriosis and put me on BC pills. After 6 weeks, I weighed in at 196, so I told him this wasn't going to work. Not only did I gain 30 pounds, I was a raving mechanic. He ended up doing surgergy and I didn't have endo, just scar tissue from the C-section.

My sister got an IUD last year and is very happy with it. My S.O. got snipped 2 years ago, so I don't have to worry about THAT any more.

Fawn

Top Bottom