Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet Review

JrodP

Hey gents,

So im going to be doing a cycle of test and var here soon. I want to gain weigjt while minimizing fat gains (I know, it everyones goal).

I sit at a desk all day, so im adding weight gainers and protein shakes to make up for meals.

Stats:
26 yo
5' 10"
12.5 % BF

Here is what I'm thinking of:

Protein shake

4 egg whites
2 slices of cheese
2 turkey sausage pattys

Weight gainer shake

6-8 oz of turkey, chicken, or fish
Broccoli or asparagus (skme veggie)

Sliced turkey and string cheese

Protein shake

Workout

Weight gainer

6-8 oz of chicken, fish, turkey or steak

This puts me around:
3, 051 cal
328 g protein
299 g carbs
60 g fat

I know the protein is high, but I'm having trouble getting higher cal without bumping the protein.

Any advice on how to do that or the diet in general?

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EliteFitness

Hi jrodp

"I know the protein is high, but I'm having trouble getting higher cal without bumping the protein."

Easy...

You're extremely deficient in carbohydrates, especially from nutritious sources like salad, fruit, and vegetables.
Your protein intake is well beyond the level you need for muscle growth...well over. At its most extreme bodybuilders might opt for the 1g/dbw/day, so that would dictate your needs as around 174g/day at most.
Some trainers may go for more, but this is usually in show preperation phase when the carbohydrates are extremely low as is overall caloric intake.

Let's say you round off your protein to 200g/day which is 800kcals a day; that will equate to about 1200kcals a day when you consider the fat content. This will leave you with 1800kcals for carbohydrates, and if you get your sources from vegetables and brown and wholewheat sources (all low in fat versus the protein options) you've got yourself 450g/day of carbohydrates

55g fat - 500kcals
450g carbohydrate - 1800kcals
200g protein - 800kcals
3100kcals per day

First off I'd cut out the cheese and sausages. Lots of fat and poor quality protein which would be better placed by eating natural yoghurt with some fruit.

Definately get a lot more veggies in of different varieties: colours, leafy, root, etc., and bit of fruit needed.
Replace the low quality protein with these changes. Don't forget your oats and seeds too, from muesli and such like.

All of your other protein sources look fine: white, trimmed, and fish.
Overall daily caloric intake is good too.

Hope this helps:)

Latec is right except for the protein. You want to get grams at least 1.5-2 grams/ lb of bodyweight if you are bodybuilding. Everything else looks good tho.

Latec is right except for the protein. You want to get grams at least 1.5-2 grams/ lb of bodyweight if you are bodybuilding. Everything else looks good tho.

My only issue with latec recommendation was I thought his fat (55g) was low. I'd say go closer to 90g a day

Thanks for all of the input gents.

I was trying to keep my carbs on the moderate end. Figured 300 wasnt too low or too high. Mainly because im trying to build muscle while not gaining fat.

So I should add more carbs to get the cal? Maybe some rice with the chicken and a sweet potatoe with butter...

Ill look at replacing the sausage with something as well...they're just high in cal and low in carbs. And im a little low on the fat.

The problem I have is that I work in an office...limited space for food and stuff I can eat there.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom