Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dextrose

Dextrose is nothing more than glucose sugar which is derived from good old corn starch....it has a high glycemic rating - meaning that it causes a rapid insulin spike - and is therefore a good post-workout carb choice....

bicepflexed - you can get answers to a lot of questions like this using the search button! I'm not trying to be an a** just a bit of friendly advice!

Stryc-9's being very gracious to answer this question w/o flaming!

I think there are alot more healthier approaches to dextrose\maltodextren. - it contains empty calories

You can always try a bowl of low sugar cerial like corn flakes with banna's.

I currently drink 8 oz of OJ with glutamine, creatine and 400 mg of ALA mixed in postworkout. Is that a good start?

I am sure its ok. OJ isnt that great with creatine because it contains acid.

but I think other carbs may be a better choice. Get a glycemic index.

Dextrose is the same is whitebread belive it or not. Why not get something that tasts good. fatfree frozen yogurt, a bowl of special K with banna's.

i dont think the oj is good at all post workout because it has too much table shugar. and that means tooooooo much fruictose. u only need some fruictose now and then in low amounts, but its terrible for post workout some theories say it inhibits glycogen storage so that is not good for post work out, alose fruictose goes straight to your liver glycogen not muscle glycogen. so just go for dextrose or and unsweetend cereal thats low in fiber with alot of processed quick digesting carbs

in my opinion you should take most of your protien and most of your carbs post workout because thats really the only time your body really needs it. your body is begging to get repaired so shuvel in alot of protien and carbs and no fat

I don't want to sound like a retard, Not that there is any thing wrong with that, but what kind of foods can I get dextrose from?

ive asked this before but never got a straight answer i was told
50grams of dextrose equals to:

4 tablespoons or
10 teaspoons

is this correct? I'd really like to have this cleared up.

thanks guys

Top Bottom