Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deads and ? For Back

KillerLoop

Ok I'm gonna do my own hybrid version of the DC routine.

I'm doing two exercises for back so it's low volume. I have chosen rack deads as one of them as I love them and deads are a must as we all know.

Now as a secondary movement I can't chose between weighted chins or a rowing movement.

What do you guys think?

Thats a tough call. But, since back is the only movement that you do 2 exercises in a day, why not do both? And pick 2 more, that way you're rotating 6 exercises rather than 3.

Thanks for the pointers.

Yeah I think I will keep deads every workout and alternate BB rows and weighted chins.

Might even throw in the iso pulldown on occasion since this seems to start as a pulldown movement and turns into a row at the end.

Although I will alternate now I was wondering if you HAD to pick one what would it be? rows or chins?

Personally I don't understand all this rows are for thickness and chins are for width.

How can the lats as a muscle only grow wider from chinning and grow thicker and outwards from rowing? Won't the muscle just grow in all areas from stimulation whether its rows or chins?

Deads somewhat incorporate rowing movement, so if I HAD to pick one I guess it would be chins since the movement is totally different from deads.

Although all three would be best.

Last edited:
KillerLoop said:
How can the lats as a muscle only grow wider from chinning and grow thicker and outwards from rowing? Won't the muscle just grow in all areas from stimulation whether its rows or chins?
Can anyone answer this?

killer loop, rows hit a lot of upper back muscles, as well as the middle back.... plus it is a completely different movement then pullups, and thus can provide different muscle growth. Also i dont know if deadlifts every workout (heavy) is a good idea- very easy to burn out.

Top Bottom