Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts are Dangerous

About the deadlifts, though...

The trainer at my gym showed me how to do them, but he showed me this way of doing it where I lower the bar down, but not all the way down, just til I "feel a nice stretch." Well, I do yoga, so it takes a lot to make me feel a stretch. I think I ought to just pick the weight up from the floor, eh? (I'm 36, so I've been a little leery of dl's, afraid of messing up my back.)

Any pointers?

wend said:
About the deadlifts, though...

The trainer at my gym showed me how to do them, but he showed me this way of doing it where I lower the bar down, but not all the way down, just til I "feel a nice stretch." Well, I do yoga, so it takes a lot to make me feel a stretch. I think I ought to just pick the weight up from the floor, eh? (I'm 36, so I've been a little leery of dl's, afraid of messing up my back.)

Any pointers?

it sounds like he taught you a stiff leg deadlift or romanian deadlift. you wont feel much of a stretch if you are bending your legs and picking it up off the ground. did said trainer tell you to keep your knees from bending or keep them slightly bent and move just through the hips?

Yep, Big Nate, I guess he taught me SLDLs. Doh!

Good to know, Nonerz. What's a good weight to start with, do you think? Something light enough not to hurt myself, but not so light that I won't be doing anything.

Top Bottom