Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts and waist size

Nathan

Hey,

Will deadlifts increase waist size? I'd like to keep my waist small but deadlifts are too good a mass-builder to pass up. What do you think? Also, do you think doing regular deadlifts and stiff-legged deadlifts is too much to do in a week? My back got sore recently so I stopped doing deadlifts all together and it's fine now. So , I want to go back to doing deads but don't want to get injured - I suspect the problem was doing too many. Any thoughts?

hey i ben doing deadlifts since high school and my waist hasn't increase in size, just a strong lower back and upper back thickness,, it's ok to do both cause they work the muscle differanlly,,just do deadlifts on back day and stiff-legged deads on leg day and u'll be fine,,,

I have not seen a correlation between my waiste size and deadlifting. The only times I see my waiste size go up is when I am getting fat or when I am doing to many sets of abs with weight.

I heard the same thing about squats several years ago but it has not happened to me yet.

The reason why this is a myth is this:

1) Most people with extremely strong deadlifts, and squats for that matter, have thick waists and hips. They didn't get them from squats or deads...they had them to begin with or trained to get them. I have a 39" waist with abs...at 6'2", and a pretty strong deadlift.

2) It is an excuse used by most all people who can't handle the pain of doing deads or squats, 2nd only to the knee and back excuse.

B True

Top Bottom