Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift

TheBandit

Tomorrow, for the first time, I'm doing a Leg/Lower Back day.

So I'm going to start doing Deadlifts. I'm 14 years old, so is this ok? If so, could someone help me by giving me a good technique for the deadlift?

Also, if my current leg routine is:

Squats 4 sets
Leg Press 4 sets
Leg extension 2 sets
Leg Curl 3 sets
Standing Calf Raise 3 sets
Seated Calf 3 sets

Where could I fit in the Deads??

If your doing deads for your legs, keep your legs stiff (bend them ever so slightly) so that you will hit your hams more and your back a little less. Also, try to keep your back arched so that it is concave (i.e. stomach kind of juts forward), otherwise you could do some disc damage in your lower back. If youre a beginner you should probably lower the number of sets you're doing to about 10-15. You should be in and out of the gym in 45mins. or less. Good luck and enjoy your leg workout.

Thats not what he's saying. If you want to do "old-fashioned" deads, do them on your back days, cuz that's what there for!

If you want to do them on your leg days...make them Stiff-legged dead lifts. Those work the hamstrings, while at the same time hit the lower back just a tad!
Just my opinion...It seems like your gonna do what you want to do, and this post was a waste of time!

See Ya,
B-10

if you are only 14 maybe you should wait with exercises like squats and deadlifts cause your still growing a lot and they might not be good for your back.

but if you are going to do them anyway then listen to Nathan.

Good Luck :angel:

Top Bottom