Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DB Bench PR! (and accident too...)

MJBossman

My school gym only has 120lb dumbbells (which I bought) and they're not heavy enough for me anymore in dumbbell press...so, I brought a roll of duct tape (a couple people on this site suggested duct tape) and taped a 5 pound plate on each side of the 120s...I did a shitty job though. My first set I got 8 reps, and then on the 2nd set it happened. On the 2nd rep of the 2nd set, one of the 5's fell off and hit me in the mouth. My mouth started bleeding and I think 2 of my teeth are a little loose.

New PR though! 130s x 8 on DB press

I think a while back I posted that the 100s were too light, lol. I think B Fold the truth said get duct tape. Well I bought the 120s for the school gym a few months ago since they are too cheap, they only had 100s..and the 120s got too light. :D

They sell magnetic plates that you can stick on the end of dumbells to add weight. They come in round or hex shape. They`re use to add increments, not sure how much they go up to.

and great Lift bro. lol

strong!!!

Thanks, I never feel strong enough, not I feel like 120 is too weak for dumbbell press.

I like to alternate each week with dumbbell and barbell, but since I don't want to tape the weight on, my idea is to do it like this:

Week 1: Barbell day, start with flat, do incline 2nd

Week 2: Dumbbell day, start with incline, do flat 2nd (I'll be tired enough so that 120s feel heavier)

lol, I agree. Stay away from the duct tape and get magnetic weights. :)

Either way, good job on 120! That's massive!

you did a set of 8 with 130 in each hand in a dumbell press, in highschool.

what are your stats? that is massive. utterly massive.

dont take this the wrong way but im finding it hard to believe. i can push the 115s for a couple, but i have yet to see anyone do them for a full set of 8...even the massive roid abusers whose very sweat is anabolic

stats? pics?

Golden,

MJB was born in 1984, and will be twenty in early April. Methinks he's talking about a college gym :)

Top Bottom