Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cytomel (T3) for Amature Weight Loss?

neonnefertiti

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site but have been doing my homework in the forums and have learned very much! but I finally narrowed things down and decided to post a few very important question of my own.

I recently ordered Cytomel online after a friend had told me about it for weight loss. Ive been reading up on it big time and have decided to give it a shot, but I'm extremely concerned about the risks involved, and was wondering if anyone could help me form a SAFE cycle (including tapering up and down) to follow.

I'm 20 years old, female, 5 foot 5, and 165 lbs. (the most I have ever weighed). As far as I know my thyroid functions fine, but my metabolism has never been very fast, I would say it's average.

I have just recently joined a local gym, and have been trying to do cardio AT LEAST 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes, and have been doing some light weight training with cybex machines to help tone my muscles (I am not looking to bulk up at all, just lose the weigh and tone up)

I realize that this is a very dangerous medication to be fooling around with, but I have made the decision to give it a shot. I am, however, very concerned with messing up my thyroid, because if I think my weight is bad now, then I know I will be in BIG trouble if it stops working. :faint:

My ideal weight would be around 130 lbs., but if I could lose even 15 pounds I would be more than content.

Please, can anyone give me some advice about a good tapering plan for this medication, and perhaps some personal experiences? I would greatly appreciate it! :confused:

You will lose weight with cyctomel but the weight include muscle if you don't have a lot of muscle to spare then your going to end up looking like a smaller flabby vertsion of yourself please see my skinny fat pics for examples of that look.

What are you doing now for training?

Can you list exactly what you are yesterday quanties and time?

I was afraid of the muscle loss, as well.. yes. I figured that it would eat the fat away BEFORE it went for the muscle, because I have plenty of the fat to lose..

Currently my training consists simply of that 30 minutes of cardio anywhere from 3-5 days a week on an elliptical with a crossramp and resistance, and/or a some treadmill thrown in there (ex: 20 minutes with my heartrate around 145 on the elliptical, and then maybe 10-15 minutes on the treadmill at a slower pace)
The weight lifting I've been doing is minimal, usually 3 sets of 12 reps at a low weight (10-15 lbs.) for my upper body, and around 3-4 sets of 12 reps at 30-40 lbs for my abs and lower body (this is my problem area)

Could I combat the muscle loss with any kind of supplements or protein shakes?

The only way to combat muscle lose is with a steroid and to be blunt with your current training you are no where near ready for anything like that. I notice you didn't post your diet but your diet is really key to all changes you are going to make. Are you really prepared to screw up your thyroid perminatly with T3? Cause not taken correctly that can happen it would put you on medication for life and make things much harder long term when trying to lose fat and maintain a healthy weight.

Please post your diet so we can help there,

I think you can reach your goals while keeping the T3 on the shelf.
I don't know you but I will tell you this much. I would never touch T3 it scares the hell out of me. Not much scares me either. You have to remember you only have one body in this lifetime.
When I started working out I had a long way to go with losing fat. I knew I was fat and that I did it to myself. That is the hardest thing to think about when looking in the mirror. One day I said if I put it on myself I am going to take it off myself. It took over a year but I dropped 53 lbs. I really didn't have a clue what I was doing either. I only ate 3 meals a day. It was all hard work. I wish I had people to guide me. It would have saved me so much time!
If you post a journal on this forum and list what you eat, how much you eat and when you eat it you will allow the ladies to help you. They have all made mistakes and learned from them. They can help you from making the mistakes so your results will come faster!
Getting in shape is really about understanding what to eat, how much to eat, when to eat it and why you are eating it. When you learn those things you will never be out of shape again.
Start a journal and lean on the ladies here for advice. You will really be glad you did. You will also inspire others. In the end you will have a history of how you did it too which is really cool.
Either way, post up your your meal plan. If you are not eating 100% spot on you will get the dreaded "rebound" from T3. That means you will most likely put back on all the fat you lost... and then some.
Best of luck! :)

ahh thank you slat and superqt, this is all very helpful to me, I'm glad I decided to post.
I guess I'm looking for that 'super pil' or the quick fix, and that is so stupid. Since joining the gym and getting serious about my weight I've learned a lot about diet and exercise that I never knew before, a lot of it being common sense.

QT, I'm ashamed to even post my diet on here, because it doesnt show how serious I am about weight loss.. I did however see on another one of your posts the site fitday.com, which I have registered for and think will help a lot.

I have an estimated total in my head of my calorie in-take for the day, but I have very little self control when it comes to food, AND I snake late at night which I know is a leading cause for my extra weight =/. I've been trying to make smarter decisions, such as less red meat and more fish and chicken, and I avoid carbs as much as I can (but end up making up for it later in the evening/night with cereal, toast etc.)

Ive talked to a couple fitness guru friends of mine and they suggested drinking a lot of water and stopping with the carbs after 6-7pm, which Im trying to do. I'm also hoping that I can use fitday.com to help out somewhat.

ahh thank you slat and superqt, this is all very helpful to me, I'm glad I decided to post.
I guess I'm looking for that 'super pil' or the quick fix, and that is so stupid. Since joining the gym and getting serious about my weight I've learned a lot about diet and exercise that I never knew before, a lot of it being common sense.

QT, I'm ashamed to even post my diet on here, because it doesnt show how serious I am about weight loss.. I did however see on another one of your posts the site fitday.com, which I have registered for and think will help a lot.

I have an estimated total in my head of my calorie in-take for the day, but I have very little self control when it comes to food, AND I snake late at night which I know is a leading cause for my extra weight =/. I've been trying to make smarter decisions, such as less red meat and more fish and chicken, and I avoid carbs as much as I can (but end up making up for it later in the evening/night with cereal, toast etc.)

Ive talked to a couple fitness guru friends of mine and they suggested drinking a lot of water and stopping with the carbs after 6-7pm, which Im trying to do. I'm also hoping that I can use fitday.com to help out somewhat.

We all start somewhere so don't be ashamed. Do you live on your own? Have kids? Live with a husband or partner? I am asking so I can help give you advice on how to avoid the late night snacking etc... If it is you on your own the simple thing is to dump all the junk out of site out of mind.

Then keep healthy snacks around. Nothing wrong with snacking on a little celery at night. I had to do that when I first started even now there is many things I can't keep in the house I will eat it. When you make the connection though to take the control of your life back and your body will completely transform. Even if you live with people there is no one that can't afford to clear the junk out there house healthy eating is good for everyone after all.

I currently live at home with just my mom. As silly as it is I think I picked up the late night snacking habit from her. For years if I woke up in the night (which was rare) Id go to the fridge and have some milk or something to drink and be done with it. Now I wake up EVERY night and have strong cravings for carbs, like cereal, cookies etc.
We never really have a lot of snacks or junk food around the house, but I definitely make up for it with other things =/

I currently live at home with just my mom. As silly as it is I think I picked up the late night snacking habit from her. For years if I woke up in the night (which was rare) Id go to the fridge and have some milk or something to drink and be done with it. Now I wake up EVERY night and have strong cravings for carbs, like cereal, cookies etc.
We never really have a lot of snacks or junk food around the house, but I definitely make up for it with other things =/

Is your mom looking to drop some fat as well? If so very simple no more junk in the house. You more then likely wake up late at night cause your not eating enough through out the day. You should be getting in 5-6 small meals per day. There is nothing wrong with having 1 oz of almonds before bed or even 1/2 cup plain cottage cheese also if you make sure you are drink enough water at least a gallon per day then you will feel full more often and again wont be craving. There is other tricks as well like taking some cinammon in a heral tea at night will curb your appetitie as well. The main thing is breaking your bad habbits and replacing them with good ones. Just DO IT the choice is yours you control your body it doesn't control you.

Top Bottom